Arrow of a Dynasty

Dear Readers, Sorry for the delay guys! Here is an extra long chapter for you! Hope you guys enjoy!
                   Love,
                                Ashe_hime
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kagome Higurashi released her arrow into the air; a collection of purple surrounding it. Symbolizing that it indeed belonged to one of great spiritual power. Maintaining of stance Kagome waited with bated breath. Her fingers clutching her bow until her knuckles turned white. Never allowing the arrow to leave her vision; Kagome prayed for it's success desperately. Watching as their final hope whizzed through the air seeming almost in slow motion, but Kagome knew better. Soon the arrow made contact with the glass shield created by the fallen Kanna. Naraku's only defense. Countless sparks and shards flew about the area, blinding many at the arrows might. But it was not enough, Kagome could clearly see her pure light being pushed back. She was not strong enough, and to this she cursed. Tears streaming down her cheeks as she cried out to the God's. Pleading for assistance. It was then that the entire room was swept over with a sudden veil of warmth. One that eased the tension in Kagome's rapid beating heart.

As this sensation settled Kagome noticed that time itself seemed to had slowed drastically. Her arrow now seeming to barely flutter in the air. Naraku his movement barely visible though Kagome was sure he was fighting the sudden change. Everything around Kagome was devoid of color, now that of dull white. For even Inuyasha and the others remained still. Stuck in the sudden cease of time flow, and yet Kagome was unaffected herself. She still retained her form, but something else stirred in the room. Sensing an immense amount of Divine aura, Kagome turned her head to the source of it. Belonging to none other than the Celestial Maiden; Shizuka. Daughter of the Heavens. Mate to Sesshomaru. And above all else. She was a God. One that was in the presence of Kagome herself. Unveiling the unbelievable might she herself held at her fingertips.

Shizuka's lovely visage began to give off a gentle radiance, ever brighter as she nuzzled Shion in her arms. The little Princess releasing a fit of giggles. Like music to Kagome's ears, so pure and inviting. Shizuka gazed down upon her beloved daughter, whispering something to the infant before turning her attention to the stunned Kagome. Who was unable to take her eyes off the radiant beauty that was Shizuka. Her raven locks cascaded down her sides and seemed to drap to the ground below. Her kimono billowing gently due to her mass of aura. Shizuka smiled warmly towards Kagome, opening her mouth to speak to the girl. "I hear your plea and will answer you, Kagome." Her voice reassured Kagome who's tears she wept out of anguish changed to that of gratitude. With a mere glance upon the arrow, time once again flowed once more. Color returning to the world, along with the loud cracking of the barrier. Kagome gasped at the sight, turning to Shizuka who stood as she did in her vision.

Her emerald eyes being overtaken by the translucent hue as she caused Kagome's arrow to be overtaken by a flurry of silver flames. Ones that skittered across the glass barrier, slipping through it even. The flames licking at Naraku's heels as he roared. But it was too late, at his cries the barrier shattered into thousands of pieces before him. And without a second to spare Kagome's burning arrow found it's mark. Nestling within the center of Naraku's chest. Upon impact silver flames began to devour the flesh of Naraku. His horrid cries filling the air, as did the smell of smoldering flesh. He cursed loudly stretching his burning tentacles towards the Celestial Maiden Shizuka. His eyes wide like a wild animal. He spat her name, cursed her. Swore that she would never know peace. Only strife. That she would forever regret her actions. However Shizuka said nothing. Only gazed upon the pitiful demon, his flames flickering in her cold expression. It seemed she had learned many things from Sesshomaru indeed.

Naraku hissed into the air, his body nothing but a mess of smoldering flesh. Bubbling in an ill attempt of regeneration. Only bringing more suffering to Naraku who all around him believed he wholeheartedly deserved. He crumbled to his knees, his body dissolving in the infinite of flames. They consumed him almost entirely, leaving Naraku's head the only thing left. The yokai had done all in his power to prolong his life, and in doing so was merely able to save his head from the blaze. But why was he so afraid? Wasn't this body a mere puppet like the others? Naraku did not understand this himself and yet he knew fear. And death was fast approaching him. Naraku gazed upon Sesshomaru who had taken to his mate; Shizuka's side. The Daiyokai standing proudly beside her. Pride and power both swelling from the couple. And Naraku despised that above all. Their blissful happiness. No. No one deserved happiness. No one. It was in vain however as the flames slowly began to lap viciously at Naraku's severed head. It would not be long. The yokai closed his eyes grudgingly acknowledging his end. However in mere seconds the familiar sting of flames Naraku had come to know was no more.

Intrigued Naraku dared to open his eyes to see the mangled body of Yoru; son of Shinimi and the Dragon God. His deep sand hued skin overcome by violet scales. Wings burst from his back glimmering in the moonless night and catching the attention of all. However Shizuka was not impressed. She stepped forward as Yoru picked up the severed head of Naraku who gazed upon the boy in amazement and both confusion. Why had Yoru come for him? "You will not die this night." Yoru hissed, spreading his scaly wings about and causing a gust of wind to form. Forcing the others at bay, all accept for Shizuka. Who effortlessly stepped into the vortex, locking eyes with the son of her elder sister. The man who had sought her death even this moment. Shizuka with Shion tucked to her breast, spoke to Yoru. "Know that if you continue to seek this fruitless vengeance of behalf of your mother; I will not hesitate to end you. Be that we are blood or not." Her words were truth, cold maybe but factual. But Yoru only glared at the Celestial Maiden out of spite.

"Blood? You care nothing of blood—just like the other Celestials! You murdered my mother! The crown of the Heavens belonged to her! And you took it!" Yoru growled, as he dared to stomp towards Shizuka. Naraku's head still on his person. He pointed an accusing finger towards Shizuka before shouting"You deserve nothing but sorrow for what you did! I will not die until I see you suffer!" With those words Yoru's poisonous flames ripped around him, mashing with Shizuka's own silver ones. Yoru glared before taking to the sky. With such speed that even Narize  could not see him. The son of Shinimi disappeared into the moonless sky with the head of the most hated demon Naraku. Though the battle was not over. For yokai of the other lands still charged at Sesshomaru's gates. Clashing with the remaining soldiers he had at his call. Few of the holy men and women too took to battle but still. The battle would wear on if not careful.

Inuyasha found his gaze turned to the mate of his elder brother; Shizuka. The dazzling woman's body radiating with silver light that nearly blinded him. He could feel her power through his entire being, the air was filled with it. Divine aura of one who held only love for all who lived peacefully in the "Realm of Man." One who's powerful even caused Sesshomaru to other's of course to heel. But no. She was his equal, and now Shizuka's entire body was swimming with power. The power of a woman. Of an Empress who stood before her Dynasty, prepared to defend it. And show all her true might. For they would dread the thought of invading her home. Yes. For the Western Lands was indeed Shizuka's home. Where she raised her children, where she fell in love. And she refused to see it crumble before her. Without a single word Shizuka stepped away from Sesshomaru, her luminescent eyes bringing life into those who knew her. And fear into those who did not.

Shizuka had never felt so alive, her body lighter than it had ever been before. And now she could reveal to even Sesshomaru the power she had within her. With her expression of braveness never betraying her Shizuka placed Shion in the arms of Kagome. Who immediately held the cooing little Princess. Fits of giggles of Shion causing Kagome to crack a smile, yet even she could not tear her eyes from Shizuka. For the very ground she stepped upon was alight in silver flames. Ones that did not harm nearly warmed all near. Hisuri and Souma watched their mother in utter amazement, as her aura was nearly infinite. Something that the twins could only aquire when together. But Shizuka alone was there. She was all. And all who did not believe so would be dealt with this night.