True Freedom

Shizuka smiled sorrowfully towards Kagura's wish. Her heart truly breaking for the woman who stood before her. Broken. Holding onto a single wish. A wish she was denied upon birth. And now seemed only reachable by death. Using Kagome as a temporary host, with her permission of course. Shizuka continued to hold onto the quaking soul that was Kagura. "Do you truly wish for oblivion?" Shizuka's question coming off as an answer to Kagura's prayers. Who eagerly knelt before the radiant being. Her hands clasped around her own. "Death is the only way to escape Naraku." Kagura began as she turned her head to the glaring Shinimi. The fallen Celestial Maiden who now began to send a flurry of black flames towards Inuyasha and the others.

Thinking quickly, the hanyou plunged the sheathe of his blade into the ground. Creating a blue tinted barrier around Kagome and Kagura. Protecting the two from the onslaught of flames which ate at the very flesh of Inuyasha and Sesshomaru. The Daiyokai, using his right arm and blade to shield himelf from the brunt of the inferno. Only to have thess death infused flames crawl upon his body. Burning away and all cloth that dare get ij its way. All the while sinking its horrid poison into Sesshomaru's bloodstream. Grunting in discomfort, Sesshomaru slumped to the ground. A wave of fatigue hitting Sesshomaru harder than ever. As the world around him began to spin, blur into a nauseating sea of color. While beside Sesshomaru, struggling to combat the black flames. Was none other than Inuyasha. The hanyou, hoisting Sesshomaru over his shoulder. Rolling his eyes at the fact that he had to save his brother. But stoped when Inuyasha's gaze landed on Kagome.

Who seemed to not truly be present. Her brown eyes replaced with translucent orbs which seemed to see beyond Inuyasha. With her body continuing to give off an eternal silver glow. Forcing the black flames to part once coming in contact with her. Kagome's attention never left Kagura and yet she spoke to Sesshomaru as well. Bidding him not to give up. "You promised me, and heirs you would always protect us." Words truly not Kagome's but someone else. Someone Sesshomaru trusted above all. Someone who Sesshomaru actually shared his heart with. His mate. Almost as if he had heard his mate's plea. Sesshomaru's fingers dug into the blackened soil below him. Gripping onto handfuls of dirt, Sesshomaru stood to his feet. Sweat covering his brow as he then drew his blade Akumosai.

"W-Woah!" Inuyasha muttered unable to take his eyes off the gleaming blade. For the sword Sesshomaru wielded was quite abit longer than Inuyasha's. While its lovely steel faded from pitch black to that of pure white. The black flames reflections dancing across the silent steel. "When did you get that?!" Inuyasha proclaimed as Sesshomaru merely shrugged his shoulders stating that it was a gift from the heavens.

The very same Heavens which forever smiled down upon Sesshomaru this very moment. As the Daiyokai held the nodachi with a single hand effortlessly. Taking his place beside Inuyasha as the two silver haired yokai prepared to defend Kagome until their dying breathes. Recognizing the weapon Sesshomaru held in his possession, Shinimi released a loud hiss. Cursing the blade as she ran her fingers across faded thin line around her dainty neck. Recalling that very same blade severing Shinimi's ties to this world. Her final moments were of self pity and hatred. With the lasting image of the Moonless night etched into her vision for all time to come.

"I see mother still has her tricks." Shinimi mocked as the glinting Akumosai began to tremble in Sesshomaru's grip. The once silent blade now crying out for the tainted blood of the fallen Shinimi. "It appears even the heavens themselves demand your head." Sesshomaru commented with a smirk earning a black fire ball being thrown at the Demon Lord. But he easily cut the mini inferno in half, the swiftness of Akumosai's strike snuffing out the blaze. Shinimi stepped back abit,her guard up now more than ever.

Before the brilliant gold light around both Kagura and Kagome began to cease. Tears of happiness escaped Kagura's eyes as she peered up towards the sky above. A smile of utter bliss now on her lips, as Kagura's body began to dissolve into the very wind itself. Startling Inuyasha, and deeply saddening Shizuka. Who continued to hold onto the fading Kagura. Her gentle words coaxing her into the peaceful afterlife. "There will be no for fear, no more death. For you Kagura are....." Shizuka began as the tears never ceased from Kagura's eyes as finally the remainder of her body became nothing but dust in the wind. And yet she spoke her final words. Her voice filled with serenity "The wind." Her peaceful smile forever etched into Shizuka's mind, before her attachment to Kagome seemed to be cut like a thread.

The sudden feeling of divinity leaving the Kagome's body. In its absence remained a sort of emptiness Kagome had never knew exsisted prior. As being one with a being as powerful of Shizuka was an experience like no other. She felt powerful, feared, and most of all she felt love. Love of Sesshomaru the moment his eyes landed on Kagome. It was as if be could sense Shizuka within her. And knew all was well. Releasing a light gasp, Kagome slumped to her knees. The radiant glow which was once trapped in her skin, became that of a dim ember. And finally to nothing. The warmth which centered at Kagome's belly, and swam through her entire body died away to nothing. Leaving Kagome conscious, abit dizzy but alright. As she took a stand behind Inuyasha and Sesshomaru. Her bow already cocked and ready to go.

Noticing her sister had indeed left for the time being. A brief smirk crossed Shinimi's face. " I suppose its about time I get abit more serious then." Shinimi commented with a sinister grin.