Woes of Ones Nightmares

After the events with Lady Shouko, Hisuri was finally able to talk her grandmother into resting. And perhaps maybe having some fun time with Rin would deter her from the horrid events which were unfolding. It was with a heavy sigh of relief, Sesshomaru fixed the door which was taken off the hinges thanks to Shouko. And gave himself and Shizuka some much needed alone time. Blowing out the candles, and with the full moon hanging high in the sky. Sesshomaru retired to bed. His arm instantly snaking around his wife's petite waist. Ignoring the dampness in the bed due to her sweat. It didn't matter to him. As even in this state, he still found his mate the epitome of lovely. His left hand reaching to caress her damp flesh. The clamminess of it still new to Sesshomaru. And he hoped to rid her of this sickness the plagued her.

Shizuka. His once outspoken and graceful wife. The very woman, or human he used to believe she was. Had weaseled her way into his heart. And now he refused to allow her to leave. Not that she was red to anyway. Leaning over her slumbering form, as for once thanks to Koan's elixirs she was finally able to sleep soundly through the night. Silently thanking the Gods for another moment with his mate. Sesshomaru planted a gentle kiss upon her forhead. The act still making Shizuka smile in her slumber. Sesshomaru smiled to himself, soon moving to his wife's plump lips. Her soft ones like silk beneath his own. Pleasant as always. But half-hearted as Shizuka struggled to return the simple gesture in her slumber. Though Sesshomaru did not mind. 

Pulling away from Shizuka's lips, Sesshomaru then layed his head upon her chest. Quietly nuzzling his face into her bosom, as he inhaled her sweet aroma once more. An act that soothed Sesshomaru to no end. With shaky hands Shizuka embraced her mate to the best of her ability. Running her slim fingers through his silver locks before soon lulling both she and Sesshomaru to slumber. And yet it was in this slumber that sent chills down Sesshomaru's spine. For his very thoughts were plagued with worries. As were Sesshomaru's very dreams. For he opened his eyes to the choking odor of smoke. Immediately Sesshomaru awoke to see that his dear Shizuka was nowhere to be found. But instead the home he had built for his family, the gardens, the very trees were set aflame. These flames a sickly purple hue, they very same that had impaled Shizuka before. And thus caused so much heartache. Choking on the smoke Sesshomaru wadded through the thick fog calling out for his children and his mate.

A sense of desperation evident in Sesshomaru's voice, hoping that his family had made it out safely. But Sesshomaru's hopes were crushed upon discovering Shizuka. His beloved mate who appeared to slumber within the putrid purple flames. A strange purple rash beginning to cover her body from head to toe. Fearfully Sesshomaru knelt into the flames, ignoring the stinging and burning pain which enveloped him. He would burn to ashes if that was what it took to save her. Clutching onto Shizuka, Sesshomaru examined her frail face. Before Shizuka's emerald eyes suddenly flooded open. Fear evident within her eyes as she grabbed onto Sesshomaru. Her fingers tangled within the multiple layers of his kimono. Even so she held onto Sesshomaru, the horrid flames growing closer before secluding the two. Refusing to leave her side, Sesshomaru held Shizuka to his chest. Choosing to brave the flames and die with the woman he treasured.

Shizuka knew this, and would not allow this. With all her strength Shizuka shoved Sesshomaru from the circle of flames. The Dayokai immediately dashing back to his mate. Calling out her name, his hand outstretched for Shizuka through the flames. But she made no attempt to move not save herself. Instead she accepted her fate, turning her head to meet Sesshomaru's gaze. As silent tears streamed down Shizuka's pale cheeks as she whispered "I'm sorry, forgive me Sesshomaru." With those words the purple flames latched onto Shizuka,her screams echoing through Sesshomaru's head. As a single tear of his own made itself known to him. He watches filled with sorrow as Shizuka's body became nothing but ashes. The circle of flames dissipating and yet from the ashes emerged Hisuri and Souma. Both radiating with divine and demonic power. Hand in hand the two siblings snuffed out the flames which had devoured their mother.

And yet it was the screams of his mate. The sacrifice of Shizuka which forced not only Sesshomaru awake. But his own son Souma, who awakened. Drenched in a cold sweat along with his father. The images of his mother sacrificing herself for them. Not caring that it was her final act. It was just like his mother, to be strong till the end. But Souma would not allow this, and neither would Sesshomaru. Both men would protect Shizuka no matter the cost. For they both swore this that very night. And it all started with the oncoming attack. They must be prepared. Stronger which meant one thing. Sesshomaru would need help once again, from his brother. Knowing a promise had already been made to Inuyasha. Sesshomaru only hoped he would still help.