Chapter 50 Stay With Me

Chapter 50

Stay With Me

"I can show you incredible things."

~Taylor Swift~

        The sunlight tickled her eyes as they fluttered opened. With glee, she sat up from her woven golden mat that lay under the bed of rushes where she'd sleep. It was a beautiful day; a perfect one for the traditional Kagura dance—a native ritual of her clan from the Eastern lands that welcomed the cherry blossoms.

        Of course, there were no cherry blossoms where they were situated now, but it was a custom that the clan wished not to forget.

        With a tap like that of a feather, her feet touched the wooden floor as she stood and floated about the room. She hummed the tune she would soon dance too, as her attire demanded her attention.

        A gleam took control over her expression when she neared it to bask under the silky fabric. It was a light blue and red kimono, etched in patterns of flowers and it was passed down from generation to generation to each Flower Maiden prodigy. Now, it was her turn to use it and make her clan proud, but most importantly, to show it off to her one and only.

        In a quick pace but with the utmost care, she began to prepare for the ceremony that welcomed the end of spring and brought about summer. The natural makeup she used was prepared from the same blossoms themselves, as her hair was adorned with countless moonflowers. With one nick here and there, she tied her hair in a bun and applied color to her lips, making them rival the hue of a cherry.

     Smiling to herself at the results of her crown of moonflowers, she grabbed a laurel and proceeded in creating the second crown she would give to him—her king.

         A blush took control over face when she thought of him that way.

        "Jasmine, it's time to go!" In one instant, the female lycan broke her trance and followed her little brother's voice as she carefully glided in her kimono.

       Jasmine was exceptionally beautiful in the traditional dress. Her face was rosy pink with designs of cherry blossoms across her right temple and ending in her signature flower on her forehead. Glossy silvery lashes fluttered over her eyes with every blink she did, making the pink cherry powder spread.

        As she moved about towards the ceremony area, all of the villagers flocked in order to gawk at their Flower Maiden. After all, she was their most valued asset, even more so then the Alpha.

        Feeling self-conscious, Jasmine couldn't help but turn even pinker under the cheers and cordial salutations of her fellow clan members. Some of the males were even bold enough to compliment her appearance in attempts to court, but the only results they'd receive were growls from Toushiro who escorted his older sister.

      As Jasmine moved in her kimono, her eyes could not help but scan the crowd of lycans that surrounded the performing area. She only wished to see one person, and she had yet to find him. Because of this, her grip on the laurel she made became tighter.

        'What if he didn't show?' she thought in angst.

        Casting her eyes to her bare feet, Jasmine allowed Toushiro to help her up the small wooden steps that separated the ground from the cypress platform. When she stood before the multitude, her gaze instantly took in her surroundings for the first time since she stepped out of her lair.