Chapter 8 Alpha

Chapter 8

Alpha

“Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown

~Shakespeare~

          His new roommate hated him. Exsavior did not understand why, since him and David did not have any problems until now. Nevertheless, David needed to accept it. He was not leaving the city. Not after Ezekias confirmed the uprising of the second Black Night.

          Exsavior recognized the old witch's immense power. Nevertheless, his strength alone was not enough to cause another war, which meant that he would need allies.  How he planned to obtain the firepower, if he did not possess it already, was what Exsavior needed discover.

          “So, are we ready to go?” The feminine voice broke his chain of thoughts.

          Exsavior looked up with a stern expression and nodded while following Margery to her car.

          “How is Lily?” He asked.

          “She’s fine just upset, but happy that you’ll be staying with her.” Margery said, as she started the car.

         The comforting silence that enveloped them during the ride eased Exsavior, but it disappeared when Margery spoke.

          “So, why do you want to stay with Lily and David?” Her voice sounded casual.

          “Um, I have not thought about why I want to stay with them. It was Lily who offered.”

        “Hmm…I do recall you insisting, somewhat indirectly. Still, I’m not sure how I feel about this whole situation.”

          Exsavior did not care about Margery’s confusion or discomfort with him staying at Lily’s home, but he found himself curious.

         “Why would it bother you? It is not you who is staying with them.” Exsavior asked, as he kept his vision on the road before him.

          “Lily is my friend and I care about her and David, so I need to understand why a werewolf would want to stay with them.” Her voice was calm, as if stating a fact.

         In an instant, Exsavior’s eyes turned red and his claws emerged as he turned to strike Margery.

            His attack never happened. Margery’s arm extended itself, as the palm of her hand slammed against his neck, forcing him into the passenger side door.

          Exsavior could barely breathe, and even with his strength, he could not get her one hand away from him. His eyes widened in shock as he looked at her estranged arm through the corners of them. It elongated and its form resembled rubber.

         “Hush, calm yourself now. I mean it or you will force me to seriously hurt you.” The car never swerved in the slightest, as Margery used her regular sized arm to drive with ease.

          “Wha…what are you…?” His voice came out hoarse due to the pressure.

       “I’m going to let you go now. If you try anything funny, I’ll kill you.” He did not have much of a choice, since she was already killing him.