Chapter 33 The Choices She Made; They were Goddesses part 3

Chapter 33

The Choices She Made

They were Goddesses part 3

“She told me that it’s all part of the choices that you make.”

~LostProphets
~ 

         How could she answer such a question? She wasn’t stupid; when it came to Exsavior everything wasn’t simple. If he meant for her to just be his girlfriend, then he would have phrased his proposal differently. The word ‘mate’ sounded too powerful for her liking.

         Mia sighed dejectedly as she stared up at her scorched ceiling. It reminded her of the pending task of repainting her room. Lucky for her, her dreams were not fueling her powers anymore, but then again, they were too peaceful. Dreaming about Exsavior should not be so frustrating.

         Turing on her side, she saw the clock on her counter and realized that going to school was out of the question. It was already noon!

         “I hope I didn’t hurt him…” her voice was low and whispered, as if fearing that someone would hear.

         Last night she and Exsavior went ice-skating, a day she’d never forget. He was perfect and everything was just right—almost as if ripped out of a love story. However, the question at the end of the date—will you be my mate?—rang loudly in her head. She answered with a cliché that made her worry over his feelings.

         ‘I need to think about it…’

         “Ungh!” Mia grunted out loud while tossing in her bed. She could not feel anymore awful.

        Of course, it may be one sided; Exsavior reacted like any innocent guy would. He simply agreed and continued on as if everything was right in the world. So there was a chance that Mia was beating herself up for nothing—although it was a remote possibility. How guys could live their lives without caring much about anything was a mystery to Mia, but she figured that it was the same for any other girl—the female plight. Day by day, she was becoming more familiar with Exsavior, and at the same time, she was realizing how similar he was to human boys.

         Mia scoffed at herself, as if she knew enough about men to compare Exsavior with the norm.

         It was then that she decided to not mull over the events of last night any further, as she got up from bed and proceeded to the bathroom. Mia bathed herself and did her customary morning routine, meticulously putting in extra effort on her appearance in order to avoid thinking. After realizing that she could not freshen up any more, Mia dressed and left the room. Lynn was not back, and she believed that it would be a long time before she saw her sister again.

         The fact put a frown on her face.

         “Such a pretty face shouldn’t be tarnished with a scowl.”

      The familiar sensation of unwanted company swarmed within her, and for a fraction of a second, Mia wanted to scream out Sam’s name.

         “Wha—what are you doing here? How did you get in?” With wide eyes from her living room couch, Mia turned to stare at the woman she had met last night.