Chapter 58 Invincible; The Second Black Night part 4

Chapter 58

Invincible

The Second Black Night part 4

"If they knock us down, like a wrecking ball, we'll get up and walk right through these walls."

~Borgeous~

When did everything get so messed up? It felt like it was just yesterday that she was coming home to visit Mia.

Looking up to the bleeding sky, Lynn realized at that moment that there would be no turning back. They crossed a point where life would not be normal anymore.

"C'mon, drink it, it'll help," her words were low, as she pressed the liquid to Locke's mouth. It was a bottle of his Ambrosia—the only substance she knew could help.

The trickster was in a horrible shape, and she did not know whether or not his elixir would save his life, but it was the only thing Lynn could do.

'If only you were conscious...' Her troubled mind would have given anything to hear him talk, because she knew he would calm her down.

"Oh well, I guess it can't be helped," she smiled sadly, placing her hand on his forehead to clear away his hair.

"This is life and death now; I promise to come back to you." And then just like that, tears fell from her eyes. Lynn leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek and for a second she saw his breathing ease.

If only but a second, for it was gone within in an instant.

Not wanting to waste any more time, the Templar stood and put both her hands outwards. In the reaches of her mind, something told her to leave the conniving shapeshifter be, and go after Ezekias, but many things kept her from doing just that.

'She killed Darius—she used Mia's identity to deceive me and I know she's behind these atrocities.'

Who else could have gotten a patrol of helicopters to unleash the venomous serum amongst the humans?

Determinedly, Lynn's eyes flashed gold as the red emblems that were very familiar emerged once more around her wrists. From the ethereal portals, a small object was birthed—a crystal of sorts.

The item was very unique, having runes of battles all over, and the minute Lynn grasped it, the object spread apart into pieces. It was then that from its core came forth a golden energy.

"Find the wayward one that has wronged me," her voice was firm as her grip tightened on the crystal. It was a wayward stone, one capable of locating a person that has gone astray. The perfect weapon for Claire.

There was a strong flash of light, until it burst, taking Lynn with it. It was a risky move, for she did not know exactly where her travels would take her or what would be waiting.

"I beckon thee, Oh Noble King Gilgamesh, lend me your strength!" But as Lynn traveled through the ethereal light, she summoned her Patron—uncaring of what would oppose her.

Within seconds, King Gilgamesh's power enveloped her body as the shiny translucent armor reemerged, and in her hands were the two scimitars she wielded earlier before.