Chapter 47 A Million Tears

Chapter 47

A Million Tears

"I'm staring at the mess I made as you turn and take your heart and walk away."

~Parachute~

       "You need to stop taking that." His voice surprised her. Locke remained silent for the past hour, not saying a word or putting his attention on her.

       Terry was still not back, and Elias continued unconscious. Nevertheless, they did not know how much time left they had before the angry angel awakened.

       "You need to mind your business," Lynn retorted as she shrunk herself into her shoulders while pressing her back to the large mountainous wall. She defiantly crossed her arms over her chest, and stared at Elias.

       The blond haired angel was definitely a sight. He was beautiful in every way. Perfect skin, rippling muscles, and the blondest most gold-looking hair she ever laid eyes on, but that wasn't what caught Lynn's attention. Instead, she found herself imagining how Mia was like in Heaven, and what that gorgeous man knew of her.

       Did he know more than she about her own sister? Was it even fair to dislike him for it?

      "The llyrium will kill you Lynn...it's already having bad effects on your body." Locke pressed further on the subject, breaking her out of the trance.

       "And if I don't take it, Ezekias or the Covenant will kill me and the rest of the people I love," she said with a composed mien. Her words did not even sound forceful.

       To that statement, Locke simply lowered his gaze-his bronze eyes darkening.

      "You...you fight to protect the ones you love?" Before any of them could say anything further, Elias awakened. He heard the words Lynn said, and because of that, his crystal blue eyes were now on her.

       Both Locke and Lynn stood immediately in a defensive stance. They prepared themselves for any hasty movement, but the angel did nothing. Elias found that plopping down on his rear in the grass was a better idea than fighting them.

       "Love is such a dangerous emotion. It brought me here." His eyes seemed distant, as he broke his gaze on Lynn and stared at the ground. "It brought me here...," he repeated, trailing off.

       Locke looked at Lynn through the corners of his eyes, but she did not acknowledge the cautious gesture.

       "You loved someone didn't you? It's why you came here," Lynn tried.

       Elias punched the ground with his fists, sending bolts of tremors to rattle the ground. Locke and Lynn almost lost their balance, and they stared at the angel, ready to attack him again if need be.

       "I cannot be in love!" he yelled.

       This time, Lynn was the one who looked at Locke. "Why is that a problem?" Locke asked with the same caution Lynn used.

       "Because...," Angrily staring at the ground and refusing to feel what his heart dictated, Elias was at a loss for words.

       'But why...why Father? Why do I feel these desires for the opposite sex?' It wasn't the same love the Holy Father bestowed upon him and his brothers and sisters. This love made him selfish, made him lustful, and clouded his judgment.