Chapter 51 Graduation

Chapter 51

Graduation

"I will remember how you kissed me."

~Ed Sheeran~

"Lynn, are you gonna be ok? I'm stepping out for a minute." Her eyes scanned the knob that was connected to her sister's door. For a moment she debated on whether to go in or not, until she quickly decided. The door flung open and she stepped in rather hastily-her vision unaccustomed to the darkness of the room.

An awful sensation of dread came over her, thinking that her sister might have been weak enough to commit the atrocities she used to do to her own body. It was only until her fingers found the switch that her nerves were calmed. Lynn was sound asleep, her eyes with obvious bangs and her hair a mess-she may have been at peace at that moment but it was clear that Locke's absence was still affecting her.

With a soft brush of her fingers on Lynn's forehead, the strands of hair were cast aside as she whispered to her sister. "I know how you feel-to lose Darius and now Locke."

"Are you ready, my Captain?" without turning around, she planted a kiss on Lynn's cheek, and then spoke, "Yes, let's go."

Today was a rather important day-all of her classmates, including herself were to attend a ceremony at the academy. Yes, it was the senior's graduation day. After a long year of struggles and hardships any normal teen wouldn't understand, it was finally over, yet she would not be a part of it.

"Captain Ellen-Mia, are you absolutely sure this is what you want?" the voice of her supposed lieutenant broke Mia out of her trance.

They soared through the skies of Oakhurst, watching the denizens go about their daily routine, as Mia let her thoughts wander.

After the school dance, Ezekias disappeared. A few months came and went, and her little group of friends started to drift. It was as if by some twisted way the old man was the only thing that kept them together.

Her eyes dropped at the thought of that. Isabel and David apparently split due to some decisions her witch friend had taken, but not even Mia could say for sure what happened. Isabel was different. She wouldn't speak much to her and she was barely ever around. Mia didn't know what was going on with her, but she wasn't as ignorant to not notice that the old witch, Skylar, was definitely at fault for her friend's behavior-which brought her back to Elias's question.

When everything was said and done, Mia only found one person that stood by her. The peculiar angel picked up her pieces and turned her into someone strong-someone with a clear idea of what needed to be done.

She finally had no doubts or fears.

"Yes, but to eliminate any and all doubts, I need to know everything." Mia reiterated to the angel, knowing well that he understood what that meant.

Elias nodded and speeded up his flight as did Mia only to land near the shores of Oaken-Kami. It was where they would always go to train, or where Mia would learn more about her powers and capabilities.

Having no one to turn to, gave Mia a lot time on her hands, so she used it to learn from Elias everything she apparently forgot. It was what led her to finally ask the big question.