Chapter 53 Red Thread, Paper Cut (part 2)

Chapter 53

Red thread, Paper Cut

Part 2

"You held it all, but you were careless to let it fall."

~Linkin Park~

Ellen-Mia stood with a solid stare in a dark forested area, watching a blonde haired woman wearing nothing but a light blue gown. The woman was obviously human, and she was knelt before a pond of crystal clear waters. Her eyes were shut, and Ellen-Mia could clearly hear her prayers.

"Please, my lord, send me your angels. Not for me but for my loved ones. Let no evil befall over their heads, for they are innocent. Protect my child, oh lord. From the grasp of darkness."

"Mommy look, the lights are back!" When the young voice echoed throughout the night, the human woman stood and faced the child who stood a good distance away.

She smiled at him and then looked at Ellen-Mia.

"Honey, there are no lights. We went over this." It was then that Ellen-Mia noticed that the boy was pointing at her.

In slight surprise, she turned to analyze the young one. He had scruffy black hair, a very deep shade with light brown eyes. His torso was bare and small, like that of a young boy. He wore knitted brown pants with symbols etched into them.

It didn't take long for Ellen-Mia to understand that he was of a tribe, making the mother a part of it as well.

"It's almost as if the Fates want me to exact my revenge."

As the events kept unfolding, Ellen-Mia noticed the presence of another being. This one was completely vile, but it was nothing she couldn't handle. The humans, however, were another story.

"This one..." she paused, as she watched a very old, very brittle looking individual emerge from the shadows of the trees to address the human woman. "Is not human..."

It was a disgusting sight. The old man's hair was falling right before their eyes, and his nose dripped and oozed phlegm uncontrollably. His eyes were red with countless cataracts and his skin lagged on his archaic bones. Some of it even chafed right off whenever he made a motion-though they were only the slightest of movements, for his back arched over his form, preventing regular footsteps.

"Who are you?" the woman asked, turning to face the man while trying to conceal her son's form with her body.

"Don't you recognize me?" he lifted the one arm that held his walking cane, making dry skin spread off of it.

Pointing the stick towards the blonde lady, he spoke again. "Of course you don't. See what that bastard of a wolf did to me? Your husband cursed me into this. He made me age!"

With one gasp, the human woman lifted her hand to her mouth as if taking in the repulsive sight of the man for the first time.

"Ez...Ezekias...Sirius spared you. Why must you come back for more?" she tried to reason.

"More?" the man yelled, feeling infuriated. "I would have rather die than live like this!" and before anything else could be said, he opened his mouth that turned grey and let out his tongue that came to life.