Epilogue Life's Like This

Epilogue

Life's Like This

"The hardest part of ending is starting again."

With a heave of breath, he continued to focus on the road ahead. It had been two long years since Mia and Exsavior disappeared into the sky-two long years since his beloved Isabel died, and now David finally found himself smiling in the mirror.

No matter how much he tried, it was difficult-picking up the pieces and going at things alone. It was almost impossible to move forwards and get passed everything that happened.

Pressing on the breaks of his new car, a Honda Civic Ferio that was navy blue, he fumbled with his hands to take out his cell phone that vibrated violently within his pants pockets.

"Hey what's up?" he greeted casually, knowing well who it was.

"Don't hey what's up me like nothing new happened! Out with it now!" Lynn yelled over the phone, making David sneer as he pushed on the gas pedal when the light turned green.

After everything, Lynn and Locke became really close, so much that the public probably considered them married. They were also David's rock-Lynn became like his older sister. She looked out for him and made sure that he was ok when his mother was recovering.

Had it not been for Lynn, David would have probably lost it. She even helped him move and find a new place, but it was all for his mother, since a human home was no longer necessary for him.

"Alright, geez, don't bite my head off," David said, smiling into his phone. He paused, and thought about the reason for his happiness. "He's fine, doesn't remember anything after killing Ezekias."

"Are you sure? He isn't affected by anything?" Lynn continued to question.

"No, as far as we know, he just has amnesia, but overall it's Exsavior." And when David said that, he heard Lynn sigh.

There was a short silence, but neither one hung up as David parked the car in the lot of Glendale Hospital.

When the war ended, the cover up that Lynn and Saffron pulled was huge. Oakhurst was completely destroyed, hundreds dead and they managed to pin it on terrorists as usual. To further explain it, they made it look like the city was purged and bombed.

Looking out through his windshield, David hesitated as he searched for the courage to speak his mind. "He doesn't remember anything about Mia, Lynn," he tried, knowing well that the subject was difficult for her to hear.

There was silence, and after a good few seconds, Lynn sighed again. "She must have wiped his memory then, or someone did. Whatever the case, it doesn't matter anymore. There's nothing we can do."

"But Lynn-"

"David, its fine. I've long given up. It's been two long years and I've understood something. She was never meant to be in this world to begin with," and when that was said, David's eyes dimmed.