Chapter 60 Resolve

Chapter 60

Resolve

~Mia~

"I will light this world up for just one day."

~Olivia~

"I've waited all my life to show them."

~Isabel~

"I'm strong on the surface but not all the way through."

Quotes P!nk, Kesha and Linkin Park

'Just like the fire burning up this world, I will light up Ezekias and destroy him. I need to, for everyone. Please, father, give me what I need.'

She was never one for prayer, but as her wings took her in a hasty speed towards Ezekias, her mind screamed in angst. It was all up to her.

Mia, the lone angel, lost in a world of humans.

There was a shudder that enveloped her skin, as her eyes gleamed with an austere intensity when she took in the ravenous flames that burned her home city. The scene made her blood boil and every part of her body ache in anticipation. She did not know if she could be their savior, and that was what hurt the most.

"Let us stop this ridiculous pursuit." In an instant, Ezekias spoke to her when his movements ceased.

He was a good distance away from the angel, floating about the stormy skies in an ethereal wind, the silver scales on his body, shimmering brightly in an opposing manner as if daring Mia to destroy their flawlessness.

"What is it you want, angel? You stood idly by before watching how I took down each one of your comrades, and now you wish to fight me?" he said in a suspicious manner.

Mia's eyes were stern—she tried desperately to remain calm, knowing well the cunning nature of her opponent. He was everything that everyone hated.

'I can't let him suspect any further.'

"I won't talk to the likes of you." And with that single phrase, Mia closed her eyes and zoomed in the direction he was in.

Remembering everything he possessed, she braced herself the minute Ezekias invoked the force field.

"This is for Jasmine!" with an angry shout, Mia put her palms forward and slammed them against the electrical field.

"Votum!" Both her hands flashed in a pure white light as Ezekias watched it be repelled.

He scoffed, "that failed once before it will not defeat me!" The last part of his angry shout was met with the dissipation of the field as he lifted a scaly arm and grabbed Mia's neck.

She winced and tried to pry herself loose, but the old man slammed her down into the ground at an immense velocity. The height they were in helped to further cause Mia pain.

"Telecinesis!" Continuing his assault, Ezekias flung the angel into the air with his power, only to send her crashing down again—the action he repeated countless times in frenzy.