Chapter 45 Love and War

Chapter 45

Love and War

“You keep my secrets hope to die.”

~The Naked and Famous~

       ‘Why are you doing this Ezekias?’

     Margery’s words kept haunting him since the day she spoke them with their baby boy in her arms. He remembered it well; they acted like any normal couple would that day. Together, hand in hand, as they enjoyed their company. Even Ezekias, being the proud Immortal that he was could not avoid the smile that her company brought him.

       ‘But why? Why was he doing the things he was doing?’

       The answer he gave her was dismissive. Never once did he show Margery his true intentions or reasons behind his actions, and as he walked down the darkened street of the foreign city, Ezekias reflected on his own behavior. Stopping before the giant Victorian manor, he sighed as his eyes fell to the concrete of the sidewalk.

    The bright golden street lights, his only means of illumination, did well to mask away the vulnerability he was showing at that moment. Even if he was accompanied, he knew well that no one would dare and ask what was wrong.

       No one cared, but that was his choice.

                            ~~~~Flashback~~~~

       “Show me what the little brat can do.” The raspy voice of an accented man spoke loudly to the woman.

       It only served for her to hold him tightly, closer to her body, making his soft young brown eyes look up at her. Ezekias did not like the way she was dressed—it was all but concealing.

       “I can show you whatever you want me to show you.” Her sensual voice, masking away the repulsion he knew she had for the man, allowed her stride to separate her body from Ezekias as he stood there.

       His small body felt useless at the sight of the giant robust man, wearing the light navy blue uniform adorned with countless crests and golden badges. It clearly denoted his ranking in position amongst the other imperial soldiers.

       When his mother began kissing the horrendous man, Ezekias’s eyes widened in fear, but she tried her best to give him a reassuring look through the corners of her saddened eyes.

       This made him frantically search around the room for any means of a weapon.

       Would he be able to do anything even if he did find one?

    The room, however, did little to help his plight. It was just an ordinary office, messy with tremendous amounts of papers everywhere.

     Ever since the men in blue uniform under the command of their general leader Napoleon invaded his city, all hell was brought loose. The imperials of the royal family that governed his cold northern country fled and left the residents to the mercy of the occupants.

       And now, this was his life. It was never a glamorous one; far from it since him and his mother both lived on the wealthy streets of Moscow. Naturally, this was how it was meant to be. His mother was a Wiccan and he a male, which forced them to flee their coven to avoid death.