Chapter 14 The Queen's Capture; Dance of the Wild Melody part 2

Chapter 14

The Queen’s Capture
          ~Dance of the Wild Melody Part 2~

“Slice the curtains down; pale blue flames flare to life on the dawn of awakening.”

~SID~

            “David, please understand!” Lily’s voice tried to reason with her belligerent son.

          “I won’t understand!” He yelled as he tossed most of Exsavior’s clothing around the house, his angry eyes staring menacingly at the source of his rage. Exsavior sat quietly on the couch of the living room while David stormed the house in anger. The first moment he had stepped inside, he was welcomed by the surprise that Margery mentioned.

          David neared Exsavior in utter fury. There was something surreal about his intense blue eyes, and as they stared down at Exsavior, they became more alarming.

        “Get out of my house.” David’s tone was simple. It was not a yell nor did he attempt anything against him; it was just a command, but orders did not sit well with Exsavior.

       “Why?” He boldly asked. The desire to defy David was growing within him, but as his eyes shifted from the boy’s angry form and fell on Lily, he abstained.

          Her eyes were frightened and her body was tense, as if bracing herself for a fight between the two males.

          “Why?” David reiterated in a mocking scoff; his voice becoming loud. “You spent the night with Isabel! Get the hell out of my house!” This time David’s arm grabbed his collar, and Exsavior let himself get shoved.

          Lily jumped at the sight; she was obviously not accustomed to such violence. “David, please stop this,” but her plea went unheard.

          Exsavior stumbled towards the door and he felt himself dumbfounded.

         ‘Why does Lily’s fear affect me so much?’ His subconscious knew the answer to that, but he decided to remain ignorant.

          Taking one last glance at Lily, he tried smiling apologetically towards her. “Alright, have it your way.” She was the only reason why an Alpha male would heed the demand of another. Luckily enough, the command was not an ethereal order, so it was not anything capable of stripping Exsavior’s status.

          The response did not cause any sort of reaction in David, as he simply crossed his arms over his chest.

       “Good, leave!” No sympathy whatsoever. Exsavior nodded and opened the door to exit, the sound of Lily’s pleas with her son being the last thing he heard.

        The streets were bustling with life and it seemed off-putting to Exsavior, only because he sensed the presence of other immortals amongst the humans. They were scattered and recognizing what they were exactly was impossible. Still, the notion made him uneasy, especially since it was so early in the day.

          He sighed as he let his feet take him away from David and Mia’s vicinity. The path he took was becoming familiar to him, and it seemed to be the only logical place to go.