Chapter 22 So Long...

Chapter 22

So Long…

“She’s pulling her weapon to her side, loading it full of her goodbyes.

~Linkin Park~

          Finding her was no easy task, and if it wasn’t for Wyatt, Lynn may have never been able to locate Mia. Fortunately, Wyatt did not know about Mia's possession, but he did have the means to pinpoint any spirit energy. It did force a date out of her, but that was a small price to pay. 

          The monster that had taken possession over her little sister was sitting on one of the swings in the very same park their father would accustom to take them.

          ‘This twisted bastard is making Mia relive painful memories.’ She thought.

       The streets weren’t cluttered—due to obvious reasons—but the remaining residents were starting to emerge from their homes. Just as expected, those who survived were utterly subdued by Darius’s ultimate reverso. That golden wave of light that he emitted helped them brainwash the entire city, eliminating any shred of knowledge of the actual occurrence.

        Lynn hesitated for a moment, as she watched the possessed Mia swinging back and forth alone—the confused voices of the denizens ringing in her ears.

        “Miss, excuse me miss? You’re a Covenant official; can you please tell me what will happen now; have the terrorists been quelled? What about the missing people; how many lives have been accounted for?” A worried woman had approached Lynn, bombarding her with nothing but questions, much like how Ms. Mallory had done during the field trip.

         Her cold deadly stare never once broke away from Mia, as she addressed the woman. “The church on Saint View Avenue is being used as a shelter for those who do not wish to stay in their homes. Any questions about missing people will be answered there.” One determined stomp and she was off, leaving behind her last remark. “Anyone missing is most likely dead.”

        It may have been cruel, but it was the truth and it was also what the Covenant would tell the family members of the victims. She was just getting ahead of them.

        In haste, Lynn reached for her flask of holy water, but cursed under breath when she realized that there was none left on her ammunitions belt. Covenant officials were always given one for any occasion, and she had already consumed hers on Mia. Never once would she have guessed that the demon was a high enough rank to resist the holy water. At the very least, she still had salt to make holy water, and all she had to do was find the water and bless it.

         In an instant, Lynn concentrated a small amount of spirit energy into her hand as she conjured one of her many items that did not require a proper summoning spell.

       “Mia, I’m getting that demon out of you now!” Her angry cry followed the golden lasso that she called upon for aid.

       The attack was precipitated and efficient as it latched onto Mia’s body, burning her when it came in contact. It made the demon wail and shake Mia’s body in rigorous tremors. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head until they reappeared as dark as coal.

      Lynn didn’t care about the onlookers she would draw; her main priority was saving Mia and moving past this hellish day. Dealing with them would be easier than exorcising the demon.