Chapter 25 Conviviality

Chapter 25

Conviviality

“Camaraderie is a single soul dwelling in two bodies.”

~Aristotle~

          The joviality filled the room with the carefree mirth of the teens. For the first time in a while, they could laugh together.

          No secrets, no lies…

          They were just kids for the day.

        Exsavior gawked over the squared machine that gave off colorful moving pictures. He had seen the television before in David’s home, but at the time he was too preoccupied with pending issues.

         “Exsavior, how are you just noticing this now?” David was beside himself with fits of hilarity, as he rolled onto his back on Mia’s bed.

        The ignorant werewolf, who was crouching on the soles of his feet, moved his face close to the glass screen. Inches away from it, Exsavior regretted the act when the brightness weakened his sensitive eyes. He flinched and moved back, his vision feeling blurry.

          There was a short pause on his part, when a band came onscreen.

          “Oh, I love this song!” Isabel exclaimed with glee.

          It did not take long before she was floating around the room, dancing and singing to their tune.

           “I’ve been tryin’ to do it right….I’ve been livin’ a lonely life…”

          David, in attempts to liven up the room further, took the remote and increased the volume. Isabel smiled with warmth, feeling overwhelmed with the song as she grabbed David’s hands from the air.

          “Whoa..!” he exclaimed while laughing at himself. No matter how hard he tried, he could not avoid fumbling around with his feet every time Isabel swayed with him.

            He danced awkwardly with her flight and Exsavior stood and smiled at the adorable gesture.

           “So show me family, all the blood that I will bleed!”

          A beautiful voice broke through Isabel’s words and giggles, and Exsavior could not help but feel stunned by it—they all did. The three teens beamed with joy at their friend’s voice.

         “I don’t know where I belong; I don’t know where I went wrong, but I can write a song. I belong with you! You belong with me, you’re my sweetheart…” Mia walked in her room with the glasses of soda she had promised them. The song that played on the television caught her ears and she decided to join in.

        “(Hey!)” Isabel sang after every verse. She said the word loudly, making David move brusquely.

          Mia’s voice was like no other; it beat the tune of any bird and lived up to the standards of an angelic melody. A calming sensation flowed with each word she sang, making them feel the emotions that were laced behind them.

          She was truly an angel.

      “The Lumineers are awesome!” When the song concluded, Mia giggled towards her friend’s action.