Chapter 21 In Between

Chapter 21

In Between

“The distinction between the past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.

~Albert Einstein~

          Exsavior felt his stomach churn; everything was swirling past him, as if he was crossing into another dimension. If he focused hard enough, he could see Isabel clenching David’s head tightly, refusing to open her eyes. With good reason too, their surroundings were changing so fast that it was hard to keep conscious.  The cause of it all appeared unfazed. It only made Exsavior wonder in awe at how many times this being crossed dimensions like the way he did.

          However, it also made him wonder if they would survive this journey. Where were they going?

          Before he could vomit his insides, the ground crashed on him, rather than vice versa. All of his limbs had lost their stability, and Exsavior wobbled to stand himself up. The numbness in his mind let him know how dizzy the travel made him.

          Frantically, he searched around for Isabel and David, and sighed in relief when he saw Isabel, puking on the ground. David appeared to be unconscious, but the twitching of his body told them otherwise.

          “Where did you bring us?” Exsavior asked in, curiosity. The place seemed familiar, but there was something off, everything appeared to be almost spectral-like.

        “We’re in between the Veil that separates the world of the living with the Fade.” The silver haired man spoke, informatively.

          Isabel coughed a couple times, while recomposing herself.

          “This is our school isn’t it?” She asked, knowing the answer.

        “Yes, it was the first place your wolf friend here thought about.” The statement made Isabel glare at Exsavior.

           “I couldn’t help myself!” Exsavior defended, sheepishly.

         Suddenly, there was a fumbling noise along with a stream of grumbles. Both young immortals turned their attention to David.

          “What couldn’t you help?” He asked groggily as he tried to stand on all fours. The action made him stumble, and Isabel and Exsavior immediately noticed his surprise.

          “David…?” Isabel began.

          The wolf that was almost identical to Exsavior looked at his own paws. There was silence and his gaze never broke from the floor.

          “David, there’s some things we need to explain…,” again, Isabel tried.

          Hesitantly, the wolf shifted his gaze back to Isabel and then to the other werewolf.

          “What…just happened?” David asked in a haze.

           Isabel wanted to attempt an explanation, but Exsavior moved forward and stopped her.

          He faced David sternly. “You shifted for the first time. You are just like me, a werewolf, and by the looks of it, we are from the same bloodline.”