Chapter 57 The Burning of a Thousand Miles; The Second Black Night part 3

Chapter 57

The Burning of a Thousand Miles

The Second Black Night part 3

"My demons washing away like prints in the sand."

~Borgeous~

"Brother?" Terry called out in shock as he stared at Locke's back. No one said a word, not the Impaler's Guard nor Locke. They all just watched the grinning devil of a man that opposed them.

His eyes widened in fear—to say this being was powerful was an understatement. He embodied an eerie presence, something that warned every nerve within Terry that danger was lurking.

It was like in those situations when you know something would go wrong but hope gets in the way, ultimately making everything go far worse.

'Hatta?' Terry felt Dante's blood bubbling within his body, urging him to stand defiant, but he could not help but feel overwhelmed over Locke's sibling.

"You fools were scared of a pure blood and my brother?" the being spoke, his lips quivering in hysteria.

"Sir, it was not that," Valentina tried, but Hatta silenced her with one move of his arm.

"I don't care." The words weren't nearly as fast as his movements, when he flashed away from the group. It was like watching lightning disappear and reappear only to crash head on with Locke.

The trickster braced himself for his brother's attack, as Hatta's clawed hands attempted to pierce through him. But Locke deflected the attack with his forearms, making the enemy trickster fly into the air.

Hatta gave a chuckle, similarly to that of a clown with his red and white hair swaying like a flowing mane. He flipped and vanished once more in a bright yellow flash just to strike down at Terry.

The vampire, not prepared, sensed his intentions much too late and Hatta's attack managed to push him away and into the remaining shelves of the convenience store.

Terry tried to maintain his stance, but the strike was too powerful. It pierced his almost impenetrable skin, making the sacred blood, his source of strength, splatter to the ground.

"How...how did he manage to outmaneuver me let alone pierce my marble skin?" he said to himself, making Hatta smirk.

The being floated amidst the debris like an ethereal deity, and that's when he noticed how the arms changed in appearance under the sleeves of his suit.

'Stripes and purple fur with claws, like that of a cat. What kind of power does this trickster have?'

"Terry! Don't engage him!" Locke yelled as he rushed his brother.

"Arcana!" His comrade voiced one of his arcane magic spells the minute he was in range to disburse it. The energy burst from Locke's body but failed to do anything to Hatta. The being evaded the power with a nimble prowess like a giant purple and black fox. It made a large furred tail emerge and ensnare Locke, slamming him hard into the ground, but the trickster was just as cunning.

When the ground collided with Locke, he melted, turning to ooze. The substance reformed into Locke, who was now floating up in the air, his legs stiff and not crossed like he would usually have them.