Chapter 43 The Pact and the Prejudiced

Chapter 43

The Pact and the Prejudiced

“Great things are done by a series of smaller ones brought together.”

~Vincent Van Gough~

       Terry did not make any hostile moves, for his confidence in the ghastly beast that he summoned was blatant.

        The creature, unable to remain physically present in the real world, kept flickering from its corporeal and spiritual form. It appeared to be sluggish, but at the same time extremely fast. The reason for this was due to the vanishing act it managed to pull off.

        “Rush.”With haste, Lynn activated her speed ability and dashed towards the monster while it remained in one place.

        She used a simple spell to manifest otherworldly objects that helped her commence the battle. Much like her bow and lasso, the golden gauntlets Lynn conjured simply appeared upon willing them. Her mind envisioned the items, and within seconds, her palms were covered by the glossy golden armor.

        Lynn’s attacks on the beast were ruthless—she jabbed its enormous jaw and dodged its bites to land more strikes on it. With every hit, she could see the slobbery drool it spewed out, but no blood or any such fluid that indicated its vigor.

        ‘Damn, this thing has too much stamina,’ Lynn thought in angst, as she dropped kicked its jaw.

       The attack sent her a good distance away from the enemy, so she could recompose for another strike. It was a good hit, since it managed to topple over the giant monster.

        However, as soon as it hit the floor, it vanished. This sent shivers down her spine, as Lynn turned around to see the monster standing right behind her. With one large swipe, its transparent gorilla-like arm flung her across the room. The hit made Lynn’s eyes widened, but even that did not rival the speed in which the Poltergeist moved.

        Her body felt like a ragdoll, and before Lynn could attempt to get it back under control, the beast reappeared in the spot it anticipated she would land. It lifted its giant body, swinging the overgrown arms in the air, and dropped kicked Lynn. Her body flew back in the opposite direction it had been sent, and rampaged through the wooden walls.

        It took a lot in her not to lose consciousness, and before she could stand, the Poltergeist faced her once more, ready to commence another series of attacks.

        With wide eyes, Lynn balanced herself on the ground, using her two arms.

        ‘It doesn’t even let me get myself together…!’ she thought in angst.

        And before any other thoughts could invade her mind, the Poltergeist vanished again, making Lynn catch her breath.

        Out of sheer instinct, she tilted her head back and saw the beast flickering between the afterlife and the real world overhead. It wailed with its gaping mouth, resembling a dark hole, as its fists came together in order to pummel Lynn.

        She closed her eyes, and embraced herself for the attack only to open them immediately after hearing a battle cry.

        “Tonare!” Isabel’s Active Power roared through the sky and pushed the creature back when it collided with its body.