Chapter 16 Revelations

Chapter 16

Revelations

“Just living is not enough for us, we who continue searching for the truth.”

~Aqua Timez~

          Exsavior stared at the large manor-like home. It wasn’t a mansion, but it was definitely bigger than a regular house.  Margery’s place—or rather Logan’s—was secluded, far past the Wolf’s Bane Forest. The tall stone fencing, the only thing separating the home from the solitary road, made its architectural characteristics stand out even more, and it was something that Exsavior was not accustomed in seeing.

          In his eyes, the building seemed too squared and simple. It had a few cubical structures that protruded further out of the main edifice with large glass windows encompassing most of the concrete walls. There was one thick white wall that stood high on the extremity of the home, and it appeared to do nothing but adorn. The shape it took was even a little off-putting in comparison to the house itself. A rectangular shape started at its base, but ended in a sort of a rhombus; its top then continued horizontally over the entirety of the structure as a flat roof, hovering over the actual planed rooftop. The airborne component did not serve much as a cover, for Exsavior noticed the squared holes that decorated the top of it.

          Logan opened the simple metallic gate, an entrance that stood between the stone walls.

          “You live in a clown house.” Exsavior said in awe at the home.

          Surprised at his comment, Logan laughed as he turned to invite him. “Oh really? How do you figure that?” His amusement was uncontained, finding it hard to fathom Exsavior’s thoughts on the edifice.

        “I’ve never seen a home so—oddly adorned.” He said, pausing to search for the correct phrase.

          Logan chuckled, while opening the front door and watching Exsavior gawk at his streamlined pavements and walls, the lawn coming off as perfect as the rest of the building.

         “It’s called modern architecture. It’s not that uncommon, although I admit my home is a bit flashier than others.” His hearty teasing filled the dark open living room as Exsavior followed behind.

          The room was just as perfect and streamlined as the front façade, large windows, flawless looking furniture with aluminum frames and a simplified atmosphere that made Exsavior uncomfortable.

        He waited before Logan eyed him. “You can sit down you know. Don’t be afraid to make yourself comfortable.” Logan paused as if remembering something. “Although, I warn you don’t get too comfortable and make a mess. Margery will kill you—literally.”

          Exsavior made his way to the couch and sat down as Logan laughed at his own joke; to this, he said nothing.

          “Well, you seem to be itching for serious conversation.” Sighing, Logan decided to give in and address the matter at hand. “Just give me a second and I’ll be right back. Usually, Margery is the one that likes to have these talks.”

          “Why do you refer to her as if she’s a separate person?” Exsavior questioned this time, unable to bypass the comment.