Chapter 12 My Sanctuary

Chapter 12

My Sanctuary

“I watch you fast asleep; all I fear means nothing.”

~Utada Hikaru~

         “So, you can speak...” Mia’s words were flat and her eyes were dead. They bared no emotions, but Exsavior knew better. She was nervous; her heart was pounding fiercely against her chest.

          ‘What was she feeling…?’ He could not decipher it.

          There was a slight silence. Exsavior refused to say anything.

         “Answer me!” She yelled this time. Her eyes flashed a streak of anger, but with something else. Something she tried desperately to hide from everyone. Exsavior noticed.

          It was fatigue. Mia was tired and exhausted and her eyes may have seemed like bottomless pits of nothing, but there was still a spark of emotion.

          Quietly, he spoke to her.

          “You seem tired…” He said tentatively.

          Mia’s eyes widened a bit, but quickly returned to their façade. She stood there, motionless. Her eyes scanned Exsavior, as if not knowing what to do.

          “Will you kill me?” He asked.

          “Yes…”

His canine eyes stared at her form. The golden honey depths were just waiting to lock with her emerald orbs. Those lost beautiful eyes he had come to adore.

          “Why…?”

        Mia did not answer his question. “What have you done to me?” She asked, her shoulders slumping slightly as if defeated by some unknown feeling.

          “I have done nothing.”

          “Don’t lie to me…” Once again, Exsavior was speechless. He did not know of what she spoke of.

          “You won’t say anything. Tell me, tell me now! Why do I feel this way? What did you do to me on that night? What did you make me see?” She was crying now. Her green eyes had found their way back to that buried emotion of despair. Her cheeks were flushed and the tears ran freely down her face. Her hands, balled into fists, seemed ready to punch the beast.

          “I’m sorry; I don’t know what you speak of.” He tried, but this just made her angrier.

         “Don’t….Stop lying to me!” Mia yelled in rage, unable to control herself any longer. Exsavior was surprised when he saw her eyes change color; they went from green to bluish white.

          In fear, he noticed how she grabbed herself. Her arms wrapped tightly around her body as she took a step back.

          “No, no…I can’t lose control…” Exsavior did not understand what was going on, but he feared for her safety.

          “Mia, what is happening? Are you alright?” His mind worried, frantically.

        Mia did not look at the wolf; instead, she continued to reassure herself. “It’s ok, just calm down.”