Chapter 34 A Goddess's Resolve; They were Goddesses part 4

Chapter 34

A Goddess's Resolve

     ~They were Goddesses part 4~

"Who's gonna save the world?"

~Swedish House Mafia
~

         The ringing startled him, making Exsavior fumble with the object that was in his pocket. Isabel had given him David's cell phone, a device used for communication purposes, just in case they needed to relay any information as soon as possible. At first, it was hard figuring out how to work the tiny machine—there were no buttons to experiment with like a lunatic, but after remembering what Isabel told him, Exsavior found it easy to adjust to it.

         Apparently, the phone was 'smart', capable of deciphering its owner's wishes. All Exsavior had to do was put the sleek screen to his ear and speak—or so that was what Isabel told him to do if it rang.

         "Hello?" he asked the object, unsure whether or not if it worked.

         "Exsavior? Oh good, I was calling to speak with you anyhow. Where is David and why do you have his phone?"

         It was Lily calling, and the sound of her voice soothed Exsavior somewhat. Lily was a safe haven, much like Mia had been before she was thrown into the mess of things. She knew nothing of what he was dealing with, and sometimes, it was refreshing to speak with someone that had no idea of his true identity.

         "Um, David is on his way home. He was at Isabel's apartment; um he gave me his phone because he thought I would need it just in case." Exsavior found that lying was easiest when he bent the truth in his favor—doing so avoided him from having to work hard at creating plausible stories.

         "Oh that's good, I'm glad you boys are getting along. Anyway, I need to speak with you young man." The slight change in her tone indicated Exsavior that she was trying to be firm. "I received a call minutes ago from the school. Apparently, one of my sons hasn't attended class once the past four weeks. Care to explain?"

         Exsavior felt esteemed when Lily referred to him as her son. He did not think that she'd go so far to welcome him into her home, and due to this, he smiled into the phone. "Uh, I have no excuse. I'm sorry for disappointing you." Somehow, the change he was exhibiting did not frighten him, nor did he loathe it. Before, apologizing would not have come so easy to him, but as he gained more human characteristics, the words came as second nature to him. An earlier Exsavior would have scoffed at the thought, but now, he indulged in it. Exsavior was becoming more human, and he did not mind it.

         "You didn't disappoint me sweetheart. I just want you to take your classes like any regular student. If not for me than for Margery, okay?" Lily said, the traces of severity gone.

         "Okay, I promise. I will be good for the both of you." Maybe Melisse wasn't wrong about love stricken men giving off more estrogen than the norm. He was definitely being very affectionate at that moment.

         "Good, oh David just got home. Now, be home no later than eleven p.m.  Have fun honey, love you." The words came out nonchalant, but Exsavior did not know how to react to them, and before he could, Lily hung up the phone.