Chapter 27 Alone Together

Chapter 27

Alone Together

“I don’t know where you’re going, but do you have room for one more troubled soul?”

~Fall Out Boy
~

       “You are the Flower Maiden Prodigy…!” So many feelings all at once pounded on him.

      Reminiscent of his sister, Jasmine bore all the qualities Exsavior had long forgotten of a true pack. She was the Flower Maiden Prodigy; like his sister was which also meant that she was one of the Betas.

       Jasmine watched Exsavior with uninviting eyes; Toushiro remained close to her after Exsavior had let him go. The boy did nothing to run off again, since now they observed Exsavior as a threat. It was what he had expected.

       “What brings you to our lands, stray?” Jasmine’s voice was hurtful, but Exsavior’s composure was unaffected.

       “I apologize for intruding; I am no stray, but simply a Beta who has lost his pack. Please, I’ve traveled this far for a meeting with your Alpha,” Exsavior pleaded, as he bowed again and maintained the gesture in hopes of convincing her.

       “No! There’s no way a mutt like you will see my dad! He’s far too important,” Toushiro exclaimed; his arms crossed over his small chest in defiance towards Exsavior’s gesture.

       Jasmine held his shoulders with her hands, and visibly squeezed them when he reacted with such audacity.

       Lifting his poise, Exsavior eased and faced both siblings. “Ah, I should have known you were her younger brother. I too was the younger pup in comparison to my sister.” He smiled gently at Toushiro, recalling the picture of his sister, but the young hotheaded sandy haired boy scoffed at the gesture and looked away. However, Jasmine could not help but softened towards his words.

       “Your sister, she was a Flower Maiden was she not?” Jasmine asked.

      Exsavior nodded and spoke, “Yes, her name was Alexandria Lucerne Sirius. Her birth flower was the Lucerne or—”

       “…the Alfalfa flower, that flower has such beautiful petals!” Jasmine’s face turned bright red, like before, when she found her emotions had gotten the better of her. Exsavior knew she’d get comfortable when relating to something she knew about.

       Smiling again, Exsavior nodded. “Yes, yours must be the Jasmine.”

     The girl nodded in conformation with a small smile, but her eyes then dimmed, turning stern. “I’m sorry; we mustn’t waste your time. You cannot see the Alpha; it would risk our order.” She then turned with her younger brother who smirked at Exsavior, and started on her way.

      “Wait! I know that you must have realized that I am an Alpha as well, but please, I am in dire need of assistance. A fallen comrade of mine sent me here before she died.” Exsavior grabbed Jasmine’s arm and willed her attention back to him, making Toushiro growl.

       Jasmine, however, looked into his pleading eyes, glistening with an intense urgency. He could see her cheeks reddening, and her own eyes contracting with small flexes of her muscles out of shock. In his head, Exsavior knew that he was getting to her.

      “Please…” he worded again, closer to her this time. It made her tremble, and for a minute, he felt as if she would cry.

       “I—”