Chapter 10 Big Brother's Watching

Chapter 10

Big Brother's Watching

“Big Brother is Watching You."

~George Orwell~

           It was impossible. She could not believe that she would have to deal with Exsavior in her own school. Isabel knew that anything and everything he did would fall on her, since she had released him, but her plans for Exsavior never involved her school.

           ‘Why can’t that damn wolf stay away from my normal life?’ Isabel thought in frustration.

         She feared that Exsavior was very likely to slip up and blow his cover; after all, he was a socially awkward lycan who had not seen civilization in decades.

           Roaming down the empty halls during class hours, Isabel decided that she would not allow anything to chance. She needed to find him fast to set him straight.

        As luck would have it, she caught Exsavior entering a room with another boy, one she recognized as the loner in charge of the school newspaper.

          ‘What the hell is Exsavior doing with Terry Thoreau…?’ Curiosity getting the better of her, Isabel decided to approach the door.

           As quietly as possible, she peered into the small squared glass of the door as she tried to get a good look as to what was happening.

            She saw Terry fumbling for something while Exsavior just remained still. His back was to her, which made it impossible for her to see his face. It didn’t take long for Terry to find what he was looking for, and when he did, he showed it to Exsavior. Both boys seemed to debate about something, and as they did, Isabel noticed for the first time the pictures on the walls.

           ‘That’s kind of creepy…’ She thought, recognizing most of the students from the pictures she was able to see. However, she backed away instantly from the door, when she saw Exsavior turn to face it.

           Isabel noted when he saw her through the glass, which made her step back as it opened. Exsavior moved forward, a good distance away from the newspaper room, in order to keep Terry from following or overhearing anything he was about to say.

           With urgency, Isabel followed him, realizing that something had occurred.

           ‘Great…what the hell did this moron do now?’ She thought in angst.

           “Exsavior, why the hell were you with Terry?” She asked his back as he did not face her, while they continued to walk.

           “We need to talk…” He said, ignoring her question.

           “The hell we do! Why are you here?” Isabel started to get angry.

           Exsavior sighed, realizing that he had yet to explain that aspect.

          “I need to stay in the city, and to do that I need a place to stay…” Isabel interrupted before he could continue.

           “Which is why you’re staying with David and his mom.” She stated.

           Exsavior nodded. When they made their way towards the hall that connected the cafeteria with the field yard, they stopped.

           “If I am to stay with them, it is of utmost importance for me to attend school so that they don’t suspect of me.” He said.