Chapter 52 Like a Paper Cut (part 1)

Chapter 52

Like a Paper Cut

Part 1

"Right now, it feels like we're bleeding."

~Zedd~

"Mia... Captain?"

She grumbled.

"Captain Ellen-Mia..."

His voice kept calling out to her. Wasn't Elias going to tell her why she was on earth? Her eyes fluttered opened to that thought, but immediately she regretted it.

The sun was so intense that it hurt her eyes, but wait—was it the sun? It felt different somehow, like flashes every now and then.

Slowly, as they adapted to the brightness, she lifted herself up on her elbows and eyed the never ending sky through the glass canopy that was the ceiling.

It was odd, like a spiral or a tunnel heading straight into the depths of whatever was out there in the far beyond. Blue, silver and pure white—swirling and dancing together in a mixture of clouds that revolved in many different forms.

"Captain, you're awake." Elias's voice came rushing in, but he wasn't the same as she remembered. He wore an attire similar to a Greek god's. Silver plate over his muscular chest with a pure white toga underneath and sandals to cover his feet. Over his head was a bright ring of light that had droplets of energy cascading on his golden head of hair. The only thing that was familiar to Mia were his long sleek wings.

"I must have passed out. What's the situation?" Her voice did not sound like her own. It was more authoritarian.

'What's going on?' She thought to herself in confusion.

'Just hush up and watch as everything plays out. Your answers will be given to you soon enough.' And just like that, she heard the same demanding voice that was speaking out of her body address her.

Mia wanted to question it, but before she did, she pondered over what was happening.

The last thing she remembered was speaking to Elias, and then a black out. He must have triggered something to get her mind recalling what happened back then.

'I'm reliving it, aren't I?'

'More or less, think of it as your brain digging up all those hidden memories from your subconscious.'

"It doesn't seem too bad. The demon hordes have retreated for now. We managed to capture a few, but most of them self-combusted," Elias reported as Captain Ellen-Mia stood and accommodated her pure white gown. She faced a weird object that was located in the sky-blue room.

It was a crystal rock of some sort with the most spectacular reflection of herself. Because of this action, Mia was able to view how she was back then.

The toga gown was latched onto one of her shoulders by a golden insignia, one that Mia recognized as her necklace. Over her waist was a golden sash that kept her gown snug on her body as it rested over her knees. Her feet were almost bare as sandals with countless straps covered her ankles and toes, revealing most of her skin.

The rest of her body was much different from present Mia, she seemed older, with a wiser expression, porcelain skin, and sleek eyes. Her hair was longer and glossier and above her head was an amazing ring of light with two smaller ones latched onto each of its sides. Lastly, her back was graced by the wings that Mia had grown accustomed in seeing.