Chapter 76

“I think this is our place.” Hope tried to squint past the end of the headlights. 
This is it?” Lizzie’s jaw dropped. She looked at the security cameras scattered along the fence, aiming wildly in all directions. “That is a lot of security.”
“Well it is surrounding a top-secret pit with god-like powers.”
“I know that.” Lizzie eyed the various danger and warning signs plastered across the tall fence. “I may come back to life if I die, Mikaelson, but I’m not immune to being arrested for trespassing.” She pulled her upper lip back in disgust. “And I would not look good in orange.”
“We’re not gonna get arrested!” Hope jerked her seatbelt off, hopping out of the car. 
“So how do we get in there?” Lizzie followed hastily.
Hope didn’t answer. She just squinted into the distance, thinking silently. 
“I swear to god, if I freeze my ass off because you can’t decide -”
“There’s a hole in the fence.”
“Excuse me?” 
Hope pointed in the direction of the breach. “Besides, we’re witches. We were getting in either way.” 
“Right. I knew that.” Lizzie started to follow Hope until she saw the big sign warning of high explosives. “Hey, Hope?” 
But the tribrid was too far gone to be paying any attention, halfway through the hole in the fence.
"If you get us blown up, I will kill you myself.” Lizzie ran to catch up with her.