Chapter 97

“So there’s a few things I wanted to talk to you about,” Lizzie said, sitting Hope down across from her. “One: I want to move out of Josie’s room, and I was thinking yours look nice.”
“I -”
“Assuming, of course, that you don’t plan on rooming with Penelope, but I’ve given you two the respectable two-week honeymoon period since getting her back.”
“Actually, we’re -”
“Save your answers until the end, please. Because number two on my list might change your mind.” Lizzie took a deep breath, readying herself. “You remember our road trip where I told you about that guy?”
“Yeah.”
“Well … the friend … was you.” Lizzie bit her lip. “And the guy was Landon.”
“And now you want my blessing to date my ex-boyfriend?”
Lizzie sank into her own chair, finally done pacing. “If you’ll give it to me.”
Hope smiled. “Of course.”
“Wait - really?” Lizzie’s eyebrows shot up. 
“It’s a yes to both, actually. To Landon and being roommates.”
Lizzie couldn’t contain her smile. “Which brings me to point number three.” She turned, handing over a plain binder. “I promised you a little revenge on Josie.”
“You made a binder on how to get back at your sister?” Hope flipped through the thing in shock.
“No.” Lizzie dropped a box on the tabletop. “I made binders. Plural.”
Hope’s mouth fell open, eyes bulging. 
“We’re not the only ones who wanted a little vengeance,” Lizzie said. “I simply unified the masses and created a game plan. The rules are simple: no traumatizing Josie, no scarring her, and my parents don’t find out. Are you in?”