Chapter 43

Lizzie knew where she was going. There was one person who understood, one person she could trust to not make fun of her. She knocked on the door and didn’t wait for an answer before she opened it. 
“Hope?”
“Shh.” Hope was laying on her back on top of the blankets, hands clasped over her stomach. “I’m sleeping.”
The blatant lie caught Lizzie off guard for only a second before she regained her composure. “I told Sebastian we couldn’t talk anymore.”
“Who is Sebastian?” 
“The guy I’ve been seeing.” Hallucinating.
“Oh, right. Right.” Hope nodded, eyes still closed, voice only half-interested. “The one with MG and the … yeah.”
Lizzie bit the inside of her cheek, taking another cautious step towards Hope's bed. “And my dad told me and Josie about the prophecy.” 
“What?” Hope sat up at that, eyes wide and alert. “Why?”
“He said it was time we knew. I think he’s tired of listening to my mom’s way of doing things.” Lizzie sat at the foot of Hope's bed. “Listen … I know what it’s like to have fate or destiny or the universe or whatever telling you that you’re going to turn out a certain way.” Lizzie swallowed heavily, thinking of the long line of evil twins that had come before her in the Gemini Coven. “And it doesn’t matter. Fuck destiny. You’re Hope Mikaelson. Now, move over.” 
Lizzie helped herself to the open spot next to Hope, clumsily crawling over her and pushing her out of the way. 
“What are you doing?”
“We’re screwing fate.” Lizzie crossed her hands over her stomach the same way Hope did. “Together. We’re going to figure out the ascendant and get Jade back. And we’re going to get Sebastian gone for good.” Lizzie pursed her lips, thinking. “And then we’re gonna get some much-needed revenge on Josie.” She nodded happily at her plan before she turned to look at Hope. “So rest up. You’re going to need your energy.”