06| a pretty face doesn't mean a pretty heart

K E N Z I E

"If you ever lie to me again, I won't hesitate killing you. You're lucky I'm letting you off but if you mention anything to anyone I will kill you. Don't try and be smart, I'm watching you."

No matter how hard I try to fall asleep, I just can't. What he said keeps repeating over and over in my head, making it extremely difficult for me to fall asleep.

I left the party straight away after leaving text messages for Alex, Max and Paige to let them know I was no longer there. I came up with some excuse saying I wasn't feeling well and they believed it.

My mind continues on drifting back to his words making me overthink every single thing he said.

He knew I was lying. How did he know?

I feel trapped; I can't share this with anyone because I'm afraid of the consequences. The look on his face made it seem like speaking up might put me in danger. It was frightening—he seemed ready to do something drastic. Thankfully though, nothing happened, but it's left me feeling shaken.

What the fuck did he mean he's going to be watching me? I don't want someone's eyes on me 24/7. That's bullshit. I'm going to need to convince him that I don't want him watching me just to make sure I don't say shit to anyone which I won't. Because I for sure don't wanna die.

I knew he was dangerous, I should've minded my own business.

- - -

"You're feeling better right?" Alex asks me as we walk to the cafeteria together since we both got dismissed from the same class at the same time.

"Huh?" I say with my eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"You texted us last night to why you left the party early. Because you weren't feeling well?" Oh yeah. Forgot about that.

"Oh yeah I'm feeling better. It was probably something to do with my drink." I lie.

"Well guess what?" Alex grins at me.

"Wh-"

"Me and Tyler nearly kissed, I kept calling your ass last night but you wouldn't pick up."

"Oh my god, you and Tyler nearly kissed? The guy you're obsessed with?" I inquiry with a smile on my face.

"First of all, I'm not obsessed with him. I just like him ok? And yup we nearly did but some drunk douchebag ruined the moment." 

A massive smile creeps itself onto my face and I jump to hug Alex, wrapping my arms around him. I'm happy for him because I know for how long he's had a thing for Tyler and now they're finally getting somewhere. And it feels nice to see him genuinely happy.

"I love you but I really can't fucking breathe right now." Alex mumbles into my ear making me chuckle.

I eventually pull out of the hug and turn to look at Paige walking towards us with a massive grin on her face.

"For the first fucking time I passed my physics test, I need to throw a party!" Paige beams in excitement loudly making a few people look into our direction.

"Alright spill it, who did you copy?" Alex asks as he crosses his arms.

"Shut up Alex, I didn't copy anyone." Me and Alex both exchange glances and burst out laughing right in Paige's face.