21| safe and warm in his arms.

tw: blood is mentioned so is the word rape.

 K E N Z I E

I'm confused to why Nolan had stormed off like that but then again, it's none of my business so I shouldn't really even care but the thing is I do. I care about everything he does, even though we aren't close at all, I find myself worrying about him sometimes.

The way he acts, there's got to be a reason behind it. Everyone always has reasons to why they act the way they do. There's just something about him, he makes me feel so nervous every time he comes near me. No one has ever made me feel like that but I hate him, of course I do. He may have saved my life but he's the one who also ruined it.

I don't understand any of this. I don't get why he's so worried I might tell someone about him. About how dangerous he is which I won't. I've probably made things even worse for myself after that whole outburst I had with him. He's not going to let me go anytime soon, I know he won't and I also know he won't kill me. He's had so many chances to end me but he's never done it. I've provoked him many times but not even once has he tried to hurt me.

I don't even know why I'm thinking about him so much recently, it's only been a day since I last saw him and he's been in my mind non stop since he walked out of that classroom. I have a gut feeling something wrong or bad has happened and his dad being over is definitely not a good thing.

"We're leaving now. I'm not sure how long we will be long but it will be a while. If you need anything, let your mother know, do not contact me, Janice or Nicole while we are all on holiday." I have been in my room all day but when I make my way downstairs to the kitchen, I notice all the suitcases piling up. I almost forgot they were all going on holiday together.

"Do you even have any idea what's happening to mom?" I ask knowing I am going to start screaming at this man who I don't even consider my dad anymore. Another outburst incoming..

"No. And I don't care. I have my own family to take care of, I don't want to know what's happening in your mother's life. But if it makes you any happier then tell your mom I've said congrats to whoever she has found to be with." I cannot even believe what is coming out of his mouth. Of course he thinks she's found a man, but that's not the case at all.

"Oh you're fucking ridiculous," I start laughing "No dad, she hasn't found a fucking man to be with or whatever you think. She's got cancer!" I know mom doesn't want him to know but he has to.

"She's got what?" His facial expression sort of drops since I'm assuming that is not what he was expecting me to tell him.

"You heard me. But don't you dare act like you give a shit. She doesn't need you and neither do I. You can go back to your shitty family you left mom for including me. We don't need your help." I've always been a pussy when it came to my dad which is why everything coming out of my mouth is surprising me, just as much as it is surprising him. 

"Who do you think you are to talk to me like that? You can't talk to me like that, I am your dad. Not a friend you think you can talk to whatever way you like. And don't even try and talk about my family like that, they're not just my family but they are yours as well." I scoff at his statement. They are not my fucking family.

"I don't care about any of you. They aren't my family, they're nothing to me. You've changed so much, I don't even know you anymore. You've completely left me for people who probably don't even give a shit about you, and are probably here for your money. And what are you doing? You're giving them exactly what they want." He needs to hear all of this, they all do.

"Excuse me?" Nicole chimes in acting all innocent.

"Oh shut up, you know exactly what I'm talking about. " I shut her off quickly, I am not going to keep quiet now.