12| well shit.

K E N Z I E

"What the-" Startled, I whirl around to the door, catching sight of Nolan standing there, jaw clenched in surprise.

The flip did I do now?

"What did I do now?" I ask with my eyebrows furrowing in confusion along with a sarcastic smile on my face.

"You don't need to stay here anymore, you can go back home tomorrow morning. And if you open your mouth to anyone, you know what exactly will happen." He speaks aggressively and closes the door shut. Why the hell is he always so angry all the damn time?

I honestly thought I'd be staying here for much longer but I guess not. I'm glad that I won't need to go out anymore with Nolan's permission or anything but I wasn't looking forward to the idea I have to back home to Nicole and Janice, this past week I forgot they even exist. On top of that dad's probably home by now. Fuck my life.

- - -

Right before I leave the massive house that I will definitely miss living in, I give my farewell and say bye to the boys. I'm kind of upset about it because I did indeed enjoy their company.

"You know we will probably meet each other again. Nolan's not just going to let you go after everything and especially with all the shit you've seen. And it also sucks you and Alyssa didn't fight, I wanted to see you beat her ass." Sam groans as he stands in front of me.

The rest of the boys end up saying bye to me but aren't able to stay for longer since Nolan needs them for something and Sam is the only one who is able to stay back for a bit.

"It really does suck," I chuckle. "Well I'm going to be late for school, but how come Nolan ends up attending school sometimes but I've never seen you guys there." I can't help but ask.

"It just isn't one of our first priorities, I guess. With the life we already have now, I don't think school can really play a big part in it." He answers me, having almost a sad tone in his voice.

"Will Chase come today?"

"No, we have a lot of shit to deal with today so I doubt they'll be in." Just as I'm about to reply to Sam with just saying 'okay' Mike decides to interrupt our conversation.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but I have somewhere to be and if I don't get there on time then Nolan will definitely kill me." He slightly panics but manages to cover it up with a smile.

Everyone here seems terrified, always on edge around Nolan. I know I should feel the same fear, but he manages to anger me effortlessly. I struggle to contain myself and often end up shouting at him. Surprisingly, he hasn't taken any action, and is allowing me to leave. Yet, Sam's warning about Nolan not letting me go easily lingers in my thoughts. Though I didn't react much, I'm certain those words will haunt me for a while.

I smile at Mike and slightly nod at him as a sign to let him know I'll be coming over to him and the car soon. I turn my head back towards Sam.

"Well bye then."

"Is that all you're going to say? Come on man I was expecting an 'I love you'" He pouts his lips and tries to do the puppy eyes which makes me break out in laughter.

"Yeah yeah, maybe next time we see each other." I cheekily smile as I walk out the house towards Mike and the car.

During the ride, Mike attempts to strike up conversations, just like last time. Then, my mood wasn't great, causing the conversation to fizzle. However, today I'm in a good mood, which is rare because I'm usually in a less favorable state when heading to school.