30| opening up.

N O L A N

I leave Kenzie upstairs letting her sleep. I don't know what's gotten into her but she's been acting different since last night. I want to know what's bothering her but I don't want to ask.

"Who is it?" I ask Sam as he holds his phone to his ear. The call is for me apparently.

He holds the phone out to me and I grab it, waiting for the person to talk.

"Nolan." I recognise the voice straight away. Vanessa.

"Nessa?" I ask, making sure I'm correct to who I think this is.

"Yes. It's me." She never calls any of us. If she ever comes to visit, it's always be a surprise.

"What's wrong?" Whenever she calls, it's always an emergency.

"Kieran is in New York right now. I haven't spoken to him for almost a month now and I've tried reaching out to him but he won't pick up any of my calls. I thought I'd tell you because I don't know if you knew already but if you don't, just please be safe. I know he's going to try something stupid." What the fuck is he doing here?

"What is he doing here?" If he's here for me, I know exactly who he would go for. Kenzie. Fuck. It has to be him, the one who got the guy to fucking attack her.

"I don't know. I'm coming to you. My flight is in the morning. Don't reach out to him until I'm there." My blood is boiling with anger. Kieran has hated me for years now, he'd do anything just to get me back. Get me back for kissing his girl. I didn't even fucking kiss her. She got onto me and he walked in the wrong time.

I hate him just as much as he hates me. I hate him for letting a girl get in between us.

"I won't." I reply and end the call. I'm not the type to listen to anyone but when it comes to Nessa, I always listen to her. She's a lot more smarter and knows what she's doing. After Lana she was there for me and treated me like her younger brother. Same way Kieran did until he fucking let a girl ruin our relationship.

He knows how much I hate my dad but he still decided to live with him. To join him. That's when I really started fucking hating him.

"Vanessa called?" Chase looks at me curiously. I glare at him, knowing how he feels about her. I don't have a problem with it at all. I find it funny, teasing him about it.

"What? Stop looking at me like that. We all know she doesn't call unless it's something important so what's wrong? What did she say?" He bites into his apple, still looking at me.

"Kieran's here." I say, making Chase choke on his apple.

"Fucking idiot." Sam mumbles, grabbing Chase making him sit up on the couch.

"W-who's here?" He asks, clearing his throat. Kieran knows Chase and fucking hates him. I think it's because we all know how Chase likes Nessa but he tries to convince himself that Kieran only hates him because he's my best friend.

Chase isn't a pussy. He knows when to take things seriously but when it comes to Kieran, he is the biggest pussy to exist.

"Kieran." I repeat myself, pinching the bridge of my nose.