19| nightmare.

a/n: get your tissues ready guys, this chapter is about to be saddddddd af and you also should listen to sad music during this.

N O L A N

"Momma! Look, I finally found the picture of us you've been looking for-"

All the happiness that was filled inside of me had disappeared the second I stepped foot into the living room. I didn't want to believe what I was seeing, but it was real. It was really happening. My momma was there, in front of me sobbing her eyes out while two scary big muscular men were holding on to her.

Her mouth was covered with duct tape while tears fell down her cheeks. One of the men uncovered her mouth and she took a deep breath for me and smiled.

"Hey baby." She acted like nothing was happening, like she wasn't being held by two men. Like she wasn't crying. Like I'm too dumb to understand what's going on.

"Momma. What's going on?" I asked as my voice cracked. Seeing momma like that broke my tiny heart into pieces. She's the only one who's ever been there for me and Lana while daddy was out in bars getting drunk and being too busy with work, not even bothering to look after his family.

"Nothing. Nothing's happening. Everything is okay, I'm okay. Just a little tired yeah? These men won't do anything, we will all be okay." I could tell she was stopping her voice from cracking.

"Who are they? I don't believe you. I don't. Tell me what is going on! Stop lying to me, I know nothing's okay, I know you're not okay!" I shouted while crying my eyes out. I knew they were bad men, I could tell.

Daddy was involved with bad people who tried hurting us. I knew they were one of them, I knew my daddy did something which is why they are here to take revenge for whatever he did.

They're going to hurt momma, aren't they?

"Nolan, listen to me. Everything's fine, I'm not lying. They are not bad people, they are not going to hurt you or Lana. I just need you to do something for me." She gave me a small smile as she looked at both of the men. She gave them a soft look. They let go of her and she limped over to me.

I looked down her leg, there was a deep cut with blood pooling out.

"Y- y- your leg mom." I cried out.

She bent down to my height and held my face with both of her hands.

"I'm okay. Just listen to me. You have to wake Lana up. And then I need you to go into daddy's office and look behind one of the books on the shelf. The top section. There is going to be an envelope with a large amount of money. You're going to grab that and pack your and Lana's belongings and run away forever with her. Do not turn back. Keep on running away far, far away." She took a deep breath and sighed.

"What about you momma? I can't leave you, we both can't leave you." I kept on crying, endless pools of tears continuously left my eyes.

"I'll be right behind the two of you, don't you worry about me. I know this is a lot to ask for but baby you have to do this. I need you both to be safe. I love you and Lana so much. So much you don't even understand. You both are my worlds, the only thing I live for and care for. You're so strong Nolan, I know you. You're brave enough to keep you and your sister safe and I'm sorry you have to go through all of this. I really am. Please take of yourself and your sister. I love you so so so much baby, remind Lana every day how much I love both of you until I'm with you guys okay? Don't you ever let anyone bring you down, you're so strong. You've got this baby, make momma proud. I love you. Be safe," She placed a soft kiss on my forehead. I know this was hard for to say. "And this isn't a goodbye, I'll see you both again."