24| intruder.

K E N Z I E

"Call me if you need anything." He stops the car right in front of my house.

"Yeah I won't need to because I'll be fine," I give him a little smile. "And thanks again."

"Yeah it's alright, and again if you need anything just let me know." You can very much tell that things are starting to change between us. Not every conversation we have is turning into an argument non stop.

I give him a nod and run into my house since it's raining heavily, I don't love the rain but I don't hate it either. It just depends on my mood and right now I do not like the rain one bit.

I know dad is gone since his car isn't in the driveway but the door has been left unlocked which is really odd. None of us have ever left the door unlocked, especially dad. He's strict with the door and everything in the house being locked so it's a bit of a surprise to me that he has left it unlocked.

I don't think anything of it, I don't really care about anything at the moment. I am absolutely exhausted and just fed up of everything. I haven't been in contact with so many of the people I'm close with, none of them have tried to even stay in contact with me apart from Max, Paige and Alex who I keep making excuses to not go out with when they ask me to. It's not because I don't want to be friends with them but it's because I've been busy with shit I don't even know I'm busy with.

It feels weird and different to be by myself in my house, it is fairly massive and I don't like being alone but it's better than living here with dad and his family. But I also have a gut feeling I'm not alone here, I can feel someone's presence here. It's probably not true though, I always think like this whenever I'm alone somewhere.

- - -

I've been in the shower for more than an hour and I still don't want to get out. I usually play music while I shower but today I want pure silence and a perfect day to only myself. 

But of course my shower is fucking interrupted by something smashing downstairs which is extremely loud making me jump. I have no clue to what it is but all I know it is definitely something expensive.

I quickly turn the water off and wrap my towel around me. I change into my plain black hoodie along with my shorts. I'm scared to go downstairs because I do not want it to be something expensive broken. If it is then I'm dead.

I wrap my hair which is soaking wet in a towel and run downstairs praying it is not something expensive. To my surprise, thank god it isn't any of the expensive plates or vases Janice has placed all over the house. It's a cupboard fully open with all the glasses shattered that were stored in there.

I wasn't downstairs, I was having a shower which means I'm not the only one here. There's no way the cupboard opened by itself and all the glasses just magically fell. I'm starting to get creeped out knowing there is someone here. I look around and everything seems in it's place. No one is in my sight.

But all of a sudden, I feel someone grab my neck from behind and slam me into the wall so fucking hardly, I stop breathing for almost two seconds. The painting on the wall has been knocked down and I can feel my head pounding so badly I can't even keep my eyes open.

Everything is happening so quickly I have no idea what to do. I open my eyes and there's a tall figure wearing everything black and a mask covering their face. They have their hands wrapped around my neck, keeping me against the wall.