47| masquerade party.

K E N Z I E

"So.. how do you know Nolan?" Tracy questions me, a girl I have only knows for over 20 minutes and I'm not enjoying her presence. She walks me through an enlarged space that's quite dark however filled with a bunch of people. Some with an entire camera set up, probably to record any fights. Big large muscular men, and I mean ones that look like Big Show from WWE, in an uniform and earphones. I'm assuming they are the security guards. Interviewers interviewing fighters that look like hell.. all sweaty and ruffled up.

"Uhm.. let's just say a very long story." I reply while intently looking at my odd, unusual surroundings.

"I'm not even going to ask." Although she's quite a good looking individual , she is totally a bitch. Almost everyone that works for Nolan has an attitude. Good though, it really is a long story.

"So.. any reason why this place is located in France?" I try to create convo, in order to break the awkwardness I'm feeling right now while walking with this lady. I'm a bit uncomfortable and would love to return back to my boyfriend.

"Doesn't this place belong to your man? Why ask me stupid questions?" She talks back, implying that something else is the problem. It's not her attitude anymore, now she's being disrespectful and it's getting on my nerves.

"You're annoying." I huff and walk away from her because the last thing I wanted to do while being away from home was to bump into the same exact girls with ridiculous mannerisms that NYC is fully bombarded with.

She's most likely acting that way because I'm sure Nolan has had a fling with her. Why else would she be such a bitch?

Walking through this entire hallway, I'm not sure where I'm going or where anything is but I'm hoping to bump into Nolan at one point. There's a few signs gesturing to where toilets are, the cafe, the changing rooms blah blah. None of it is helping me find where I could spot him.

"Do you know where Nolan could be?" I stop a security guard from walking away further away from me and ask.

"Nolan?.. pretty sure he's in the middle of a match at the moment?" Huh? What match? I don't recall us talking about anything to do with him fighting anyone.

"Where?" My demeanour shifts and I'm not really sure how to react about the fact that he's doing something I absolutely hate. If I can't watch other people who are strangers to me get hurt, how can I watch the man I love?

"Follow me." He points in a certain direction and I walk right after him, following.

I come to a door standing behind the muscular giant built man, when it opens, the entire area is revealed to me and I'm standing on a balcony with stairs that lead down to the actual arena, it overlooks the entire stadium. However it's missing it's people. The seats that are usually reserved for the audience are empty but around the actual stage, where the fights take place, there's a man with another man who are both shirtless in fighting positions like they are already in the middle of it.

Around the stage, there's quite a few people around. Some talking to each other, and some intently watching the fight. Wondering who's going to win this. Though, all I'm wondering is what the hell is this for?

Making an assumption off the view I'm witnessing right now, I think this is a bare knuckle fight which is absolutely horrific and unbearable to watch. I know for a fact I am going to see Nolan get punched the shambolic shit out of himself.

It's a good thing I'm not close to him, I'm still at the door, watching from afar. "You going to go in?" The security guard looks down at me.

"Erm. Sure." I hesitate but say what was not suppose to come out of my mouth. Wow, I really do have something against myself.