25| feelings.

K E N Z I E

I am not feeling good or even well at all. My head isn't pounding like it was before but the rest of my body is hurting. I can't even move without groaning in pain. It doesn't take me long at all to realise where I am. His house is slowly starting to become familiar.

I'm in his bedroom and I can feel his presence next to me.

"You fell asleep in the car. And I know it hurts but you're fine. I got the same doctor as last time to check on you. He gave me some meds for you and all you need to do is just rest for the next couple of days." I can't see Nolan's face properly, it's blurry and I can feel my eyes shutting down again slowly.

- - -

I once again wake up but feel better. My body is still aching but it isn't as bad as it was before. My vision is no longer blurry anymore, I can see things a lot clearer and I'm not exhausted. Well I am but I have had enough of sleep.

"Hey there buddy!" I see Chase and Sam both looking down at me. I jump since Chase's voice scares the shit out of me and my body seriously aches so badly, I shut my eyes closed praying for the pain to go away.

"Oh shit. She's not dying right?" I hear Chase speak as Sam helps me sit up.

"No you idiot," I am in a better position now, the pain eventually goes. "Why is it every time I see you, you're always hurt." Well Sam is right. Last time he saw me, I had been attacked by Kaiden.

"I don't know," I reply because I really don't know the answer. "And don't ever call me buddy again." I turn my attention to Chase.

"I'm sorry. I won't do it again." I can't tell if he's joking but he looks a bit upset after scaring me.

"Are you being serious? I'm joking you idiot, call me buddy as much as you want." I smile, trying to make him look back at me and when he does, he still looks sad.

"I don't care about that, I'm sorry for scaring you. I didn't mean to make you get hurt." Oh. Is this why he's upset? I seriously have such a soft spot for this boy sometimes.

"I didn't get hurt Chase. Don't be upset." I feel bad for him. I don't want him to be upset.

"Nah I know, I don't care I was just joking. I wanted to see your reaction," What a bitch. I have my mouth open agape and I'm trying to keep a serious face but I can't. "I love you though."

"No shut up. I actually thought you were upset." I missed this feeling. Getting along with friends and joking around.

"You're a bitch man." Sam playfully pushes Chase while laughing.

"Also what the fuck have you done to our Nolan?" Sam asks looking at me curiously.

"What do you mean?" I reply back with my eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"He seems so soft now.. you know as if you did some magic spell because he's been like that ever since you guys have met." I don't know what to say because I don't know what they're talking about.

"Who are you guys talking about?" I hear the familiar voice come from the door.

"My mom." Chase blurts out quickly while panicking.