49| the worst news ever.

K E N Z I E

"Okay so... do you wanna tell me what all of that was about?" I inquire at last. It wasn't something I contemplated while we were having sex, but now that our intimate moment has ended, I find myself curious once again.

"Did you see the other guy? Who stepped in while I was fighting the other guy?" I almost freeze, for some reason. It's just Kieran. His existence does something to me but in a bad way.

"No. I don't think anyone did. He was wearing one of the masks and disappeared after. Even I was confused." I reply as my eyes stay focused on the movie playing in front of us on the TV. Nolan leans in further, the side of his head resting on my chest.

"Odd."

"Okay. So explain now."

"I don't know how it happened, I was talking to someone and next thing I know, I'm being thrown on the floor." He stuffs his mouth with grapes while telling me the story.

"Yeah that was scary. Seeing you getting a beating."

"Well it didn't last long. But I know them both. They work for Kenny and it isn't the first they've tried something. Like you don't understand Kenzie, they've been sent to me by him to do so much shit but every single fucking time, they've failed."

While I pay attention to what he says, half of it is on the TV as I admire one of my favourite actors of all time, Ed Helms. This is my 100th time rewatching Hangover. Same with Nolan, I've put him on it. Next thing I'm going to make him watch with me is my all time FAV SHOW, The Office.

"But it's fine because when we're back home, I swear I'm going to send them to Kenny proper fucked up. I've had enough of these lot giving me threats all the time but then nothing happening." Nolan's eyes are focused on the TV just like mine but his words and the tone of them aren't matching his calm expression.

"And I've told all of them lot back home that I think they must've been involved in Chase's shooting so let's see what the next steps are going to be." He finishes his talking off by stuffing more grapes in his mouth.

"Gosh, I am not excited to go back." I speak truthfully.

"Same but we'll come back here. As soon as all this is over, I'm going to take you everywhere." He looks up at me and I smile gracefully at him. He is so adorable.

"You're a completely different person to when I first met you." I reach for a chocolate-covered strawberry, teasingly placing it near Nolan's awaiting mouth. With a mischievous twist, I divert and savor it myself, playfully tricking him.

"That's because of you." He grabs himself his own chocolate-covered strawberry and pops into his mouth.

I lightly chuckle at his statement and nod my head side to side.

- - -

Me: We need to talk.

K: Of course. What'd you want to talk about?

Me: Yesterday.

K: Go on.

Me: You jumped in, why would you do that?