32| the plan.

N O L A N

Nessa told me I'm not allowed to go near Kieran once she gets a hold of him. I want to teach him a fucking lesson for even trying to come back here but I can't mess this up. We don't know where he is at the moment but he's somewhere in New York. He's back for me. I should have known.

I'm not able to sleep without thinking about all of this. My nightmares have stopped since I started sleeping with Kenzie and I was finally able to sleep properly without waking up in the middle of the night until now. I've waken up, not feeling her presence next to me ruining my sleep completely.

I'm tired but I still look around the room to see if she's there but she's not. It's dark but not dark enough for me to not see a thing. I check the balcony but she isn't there either, I know my house was massive and that she can be anywhere but I'm starting to get an uneasy feeling in my stomach.

I go downstairs looking everywhere but there is still no sight of her until I see the sliding door open that leads you to the backyard. I feel a rush of relief run through me when I spot her lying on one of the pool chairs, sleeping. She looks so fucking cute but I don't want to wake her up so I pick her up slowly and take her back upstairs, placing her on my bed.

I admire her face. It's everything that can comfort me. Her smooth skin, her lips that I can't get enough of and especially her fucking eyes I am in love with. I mean her eyes that are my favourite feature about her.

I push a strand of hair behind her ear but freeze as soon as she starts moving. She takes my hand and pulls it to her chest, hugging it.

"You're tired. I don't want to ruin your sleep." I whisper. Today I did something I never thought I would do. I asked a girl and not just any girl, I asked Kenzie to be my girlfriend. I wanted something real with her, I can feel all the tension between us. I want us to be serious.

"Nolan." She murmurs my name in a tired tone. Not the time but damn, she sounds sexy.

"Yeah." I reply, not moving my hand she's still hugging.

"If I ever end up hurting you, just know I didn't mean it." What? Why is she telling me this.

"Why are you saying that?" I ask, not whispering anymore.

"Because now we're in a relationship and people always argue when they're in one and say things they don't mean in anger. I just want you to know that just in case we ever argue." I can feel myself smiling at her words. I know it's not something some people would smile at but I found it cute of her letting me know.

"I'll keep that in mind." I kiss her forehead and remove my hand away from her.

"Don't go." She demands with her eyes still closed shut.

"I'm not going anywhere." I go to the other side of the bed and lie down pulling her into my chest closing my eyes.

- - -

"Can you guys fucking talk and stop being so awkward?" I snap at both Chase and Vanessa who aren't talking while we're all in the kitchen.

"You know how nervous I get around people, right Nolan?" Chase lies, giving me a look to agree.

"You don't act like that all the time-" I stop talking after seeing the look Chase gives me, cussing me out while telling me 'he's going to kill me' without saying the actual words. "But yeah. You can get nervous around people." I continue, scoffing while pouring water out.

"I'm not being awkward at all. It seems like Chase doesn't like me very much since he's been ignoring me all day and yesterday." Nessa chimes in, taking a bite from the toast she made. It's around 11am and Kenzie is still sleeping upstairs.