18| the west hospital.

K E N Z I E

During the car ride, my phone begins vibrating and it turns out to be my mom calling me. I'm sure it's her calling to let me know when her next appointment with her doctor is but I fail to recognise the voice once I pick it up. It's not her voice or another woman's, it is definitely a man's voice.

"Hello, Is this Kenzie? Please correct me if I'm wrong." I'm so confused to how this person even knows my name, or even has my mom's phone.

"Who are you?" I ask, also noticing Nolan looking at me while driving the car at the same time.

"I'm sorry, I should have introduced myself first. I'm actually your mother's doctor, and I'm calling you from her phone with her permission to let you know she's been admitted at the West Hospital." He tells me with a soft voice.

"What do you mean she's been admitted to a hospital? She was doing perfectly fine during the last few days?" I don't want to burst out and cuss out the doctor even though I know all he's trying to do is help me and my mom but if anything happens to her I won't stay calm.

"Who is it?" Nolan asks me with a low voice since I'm still on call with the doctor.

"Yes, that's why I have called you. To let you know, you should come here to your mother and she can explain everything to you, but don't worry. She's doing okay right now, hopefully it stays that way for the next few days. If not then it may mean her life's at risk."

"I'm on my way," And I quickly decline the call demanding Nolan to drive to the hospital instead of my house "drive fucking fast to the West Hospital, hurry up!" I order him trying to keep my voice down and not start shouting my head off.

"What the fuck is going on?" He drives way faster than he was before, getting a few beeps from drivers he drives right past.

"I'll explain once we get there! Just hurry please." Knowing that she is doing alright so far isn't enough to make me calm down and not scream my head off on the way to her.

I'm pretty sure Nolan is going to end up getting a speeding ticket because of the speed we are going at. It's gonna be useless because we are pretty much speeding for no reason since I know she's okay and not about to die however I want to get there as fast as possible.

"Oh my fucking god, hurry up!" I can feel myself losing all the patience I have until the car takes a right making us arrive in the middle of the parking lot to the hospital.

I don't even wait for the car to stop moving, I open the door and run towards the entrance to the hospital.

"I need to see my mom, where is she?" I interrupt by slamming my hands on the desk, the receptionist is sitting behind who also looks only a few years older than me.

"Hold on Jimmy," She puts the telephone down rolling her eyes at me "And you are?" She looks me in the eye.

"Is there a Jade Malcolm admitted here?" I'm trying to be polite but I swear to god if she asks me another question, I am going to lose my shit.

"Yes, there is. What is your relation with Jade?" She asks, paying the computer screen in front of her more attention than me.

"Oh for god sake, I'm her daughter. Tell me where the fuck she is." I spit through my mouth, feeling Nolan's presence next to me.

"Uh no. Not with that attitude." This girl is going to drive me insane.

"Oh yeah? Watch me." I walk over to the other side of the desk she is sitting behind pushing the chair she's sitting on, and looking through the computer for my mom's name with the room she's been admitted in as well. I can feel a lot of people looking at us but I don't care.