16| oh.

K E N Z I E

I leave the house an hour early just so I can check up on my mom since yesterday I wasn't able to.

It is going to be hot today so I decide to wear a plain black crop top and high waisted jeans. I'm not fond of wearing dresses at all, I don't even remember the last time I wore one for a casual day.

As soon as I enter my mom's apartment, the first thing I do is to make sure if everything is going okay and of course she tells me it is but I don't believe her

"I want to see the doctor whose treating you. I need to know if everything's okay because I don't believe you one bit." I ask.

"I know you don't believe me and I'm sorry about that, but I promise you everything is okay." She replies while placing a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Fine, if everything is okay then let me meet your doctor." I know I'm being stubborn but I don't care.

"God you are so stubborn, I'll take you to my checkup with her. Happy?" She scoffs making me glad that I'm able to meet her doctor, and hearing them tell me my mom's okay will take away all the stress I've had thinking about it. "And have you had breakfast?" She asks me as she walks towards her kitchen.

"No mom. You know I never have breakfast in the morning."

"That's not a good think you know? You're going to have breakfast today, I'll make you some." She calls out as I take a seat on the couch.

"No seriously I'm okay, I need to leave soon anyway." I don't like having breakfast in the morning, it makes me feel disgusting and out of place.

"I'm not letting you step a foot out of this apartment until you have something. I won't make you anything big, just a little snack ok?" It definitely does hurt knowing the only person who actually cares about you, can die soon and I know I've mentioned this so many times but I don't know what I would literally do with myself if she's gone.

I don't want to lose the only person who cares about me.

I don't want to be alone.

"Fine, I'll just have a snack." And just as I'm about to get up from the couch to grab a snack from the kitchen, I feel a buzz from my phone in my back pocket.

alex<3: Where the hell did you go yesterday?

Turns out it was a message from Alex.

You: sorry i was feeling sick and i had to leave, didn't get the chance to text any of you but i'm feeling better today so i'll see you all soon.