36| are you sure?

N O L A N

I'm putting an end to all of this nonsense. Kieran needs to go, and I'll make sure of it. He believes I'll let him off the hook for hurting people I care about, but I won't. After today, I'm going to settle the score with that son of a bitch. The sight of Chase, hurt and in that state, boils my blood and sends a surge of rage through my body. It's infuriating to think that my own cousin was behind it all.

I storm into my room, rummaging through all the drawers in search of my blade. Although I have a room filled with various weapons in the basement, I specifically need to find my blade, which I always keep with me. I don't want to end Kieran with just a bullet; I want him to suffer, even if I'll hesitate. It's a decision I've made, and I intend to follow through with it.

But I can't fucking find it. I'm throwing everything away that comes to my sight, trashing the whole room. I'm losing it completely and I can't even fucking think straight.

"Where the fuck is it?" I shout, unleashing my frustration on the room, tearing it apart. It's not just anger coursing through me. I want to be there at the hospital for Chase but if anything happens to him, I am never forgiving myself. I've lost enough people, I can't and don't want to lose anymore especially him. He has stuck through my side my whole entire life, I have managed to deal with things the right way because of him. He made me come to senses and he has stopped me from doing a lot of shit that could have ruined everything. I'll never be able to tell him how really thankful I am for his entire existence even though I may not show it.

I freeze, jaw clenched, as I sense something sharp against my back. I know exactly what it is, but the identity of the person holding it remains a mystery. My mind races through a list of potential suspects, but as soon as the voice speaks up, I feel my insides tighten.

"I miss you, baby." Alyssa whispers in a soft voice making me cringe. I should've killed her ages ago, she's not going to leave me alone.

"What do you want?" I need to control my anger and stay calm. This girl is crazy and she won't hesitate to do something stupid.

"You." She replies. I almost laugh out loud, I don't want Alyssa. I only want Kenzie and no one else.

"You can't have me." She drags the knife from my back to my stomach softly without hurting me while walking to face me.

"Who said I can't? Nolan. We both know you're still crazy about me just as I'm crazy about you. You're just using Kenzie to get over me, aren't you?" Don't lose it, keep it calm.

"I'm not crazy over you. And I'm most certainly not using Kenzie just to get over you. You never meant anything like that to me." She grits her teeth, tightening her hold to the knife that is still against my stomach. 

"Shut the hell up about Kenzie! I'm sick and tired of hearing her name all the time. She's brainwashing you all into liking her and she's not who you think she fucking is!" I scoff at her words. It's hard to keep myself under control knowing the intentions she had for Kenzie. I probably won't be only killing Kieran tonight.

"I ended things with us for a reason. In fact, there was no us, I never liked you. I only used you, just to take my mind off things." I admit the truth without any remorse. I don't care about her feelings, I don't care about her at all.

"Baby, you don't mean that! I know you just want me to hurt you." It's not that I want her to hurt me but I haven't felt pain like that for a while. Ever since Kenzie has become closer to me, I have never had my usual outbursts I use to have.

"Alyssa. Fuck off, stop making me repeat myself. I never gave a shit about you. So get out of my face because I swear to god, I will make you regret everything." I'm starting to lose it.