20| what is she doing here?

K E N Z I E

After what happened, I cannot stop thinking about Nolan. I don't think I've ever seen him like that and I know it made him angry that I entered his room and saw him having a nightmare.

I knew it was something bad. I could tell and it must have been a lot for him since he had the sudden out burst once he realised who it was that was waking him up.

It is exactly only 20 minutes before school is going to start and I haven't received any text message from Nolan letting me know he's on his way to pick me up like I usually would.

I guess he's not over what happened last night but if he won't pick me up today then I don't care because I already have my car here, I can just go by myself. I don't need Nolan.

"Hey honey." I turn around to see mom has woken up from her sleep.

"Good morning mom, I've got school soon and I have to leave now but I'll be back here okay?" if I could skip school and be with my mom I would but I can't. She would never let me.

"You don't have to keep coming back here, I'm not going to be here for that long. I'll be out of here by tomorrow."

"But I want to. I'll be back. Bye mom." I kiss her on the forehead and head out of the room.

My phone vibrates in my back pocket and I grab it to see a message from Chase.

Chase: We're going to school together. I'm dropping you off today.

You: I have my car with me, I can drop myself off.

Chase: I wasn't asking, I was telling you. And it's an order from Nolan, I can't say no.

You: K.

Chase: If you're going to be mad at someone, be mad at Nolan not me. You scare me when you're mad. He seems to be the only one who can handle you being mad.

You: I'm not mad at anyone. Hurry up, we're going to be late.

Chase: I'm outside the hospital. Nolan told me where you'd be btw.

You: K.

First thing I see once I exit the hospital is Chase's car right in the front.

"What are you waiting for huh? Get in." He has his window down and shouts as I rolls my eyes walking towards the car

"So where's Nolan?" That is the first thing I say once I enter he car.

"Home. He'll be at school though, I know you miss him but I promise you will love me more than you could ever love Nolan and his company." He chuckles and starts driving.

"I don't miss him, I was just asking." I defend myself. I don't miss that grumpy piece of shit. I mean I guess I'm a little worried after last night but I don't miss him.

"Yeah yeah, isn't that what they always say?" Chase is very close to getting on my nerves.

"Shut the fuck up."

- - -

The whole ride, I had to keep my anger in. Yes I like Chase. He's a good friend but he's is incredibly annoying.

The first two periods felt like hell. I've never wanted a school day to end so quickly. And lunch went by so quickly, I didn't even eat.