14| you've always been my fuck buddy, nothing more.

N O L A N

If I want to kill Kaiden, I can and would enjoy every second of it but not in front of her.

Kenzie would have nothing to do with me if she hadn't seen me that day beating that one individual at school which I can take fair blame for since it was irrational of me to do anything like that in school. And now she's seen everything. It's too late and risky to let her go now. I can't have myself fucked over because she's not able to keep her mouth shut around others. And I don't trust her enough.

But looking at her face, seeing bruises on it and blood on her lips boils my blood. Being aware that guys still like this still exist and find it completely normal to raise their hands on women does nothing but make me want to raise my kill count a lot more higher.

I turn around to see if Kenzie is still following me, I notice how she has her hands over her head as her steps become slow and before I know it, there she is in my arms unconscious. I'm able to grab her before she falls onto the floor.

I lift her up in bridal style since I have no choice and walk out of the school building into the parking lot to my car.

I place her into the passenger seat and do her seatbelt for her that ends up bringing our faces closer than I intend for them to. I don't do this often, actually I never do this. I lift my thumb and wipe off the blood from her lips reminding me about who caused it which only manages to curdle my blood even more.

"You fucker!" I hear Chase chuckle from behind me as I roll my eyes in response to his presence.

"What?" I ask with the same usual look I always have on my face as I turn around to face him.

"I saw the way you were looking at her." I huff at his stupidity.

"What do you mean? What way?" Chase may be my best friend but I won't hesitate killing him if he gets me angry. Just joking.

"Why you getting so defensive huh?" He sarcastically asks pissing me off even more.

"Fucking watch when we get home." I warn him as I walk over to the other side of the car. 

"See you there then." He smirks as I start the car and drive off.

- - -

When we arrive back to the house, I lift Kenzie back up and walk in.

"Get off the couch." I demand Kai and Theo so I can lie her down.

"What the fuck happened?" Sam comes over quickly and questions with worry in his voice.

"Kaiden happened." I answer.

"But it's okay because she beat his ass." Chase stands next to me and places his arm over my shoulder until I give him a glare making him clear his throat and quickly remove his arm off me.

"I like her." Miles speaks out making every single one of us turn our head into his direction.

"Did he just-" Sam has his mouth wide open and so does everyone else.

"Yeah he just fucking talked." I say, shocked myself. Miles is never talkative whatsoever. He doesn't like engaging in conversations unless they are too important to miss out on and not say a word. He's the only person I know who never talks but is the least boring person I know.