56| ought to happen.

K E N Z I E

I skipped school yesterday because I was drained. I've been having trouble sleeping all week, and now it's starting to affect me. Everything feels so sluggish right now.

"Someone's at the door, Kenzie!" I hear my dad yell out of my voice from downstairs, ruining my attempt to actually fall asleep.

"I'm coming!" Groaning, I get up from my lying position and wear a jumper on-top of my cami vest. I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone apart from one person but I know that's not going to happen anytime soon. Probably never.

I run down the stairs in hopes to shoo whoever it is at my door but when I come to a halt, I see Vanessa standing there.. looking very upset. Oh shit, something's happened.

"Nessa? What are you doing here?" I walk closer towards her, shocked to see her in such a state. It's like she's been crying. "Are you okay?" I ask.

"Can I spend a few hours with you here?" She finally speaks out and I don't hesitate for a second letting her in.

"You don't have to even ask. Come in." I smile at her, closing the door behind.

"Thank you." She seems worried sick about someone and I'm now starting to get worried too.

"Come, let's go up to my room." I hold her hand, taking us both to my room which is an absolute state but I don't care. And I know Vanessa doesn't either.

"Is everything okay?" I let her sit down on my bed, taking a seat next to her. I'm starting to grow a bit scared because what if she's found out about Kieran? Is she here to have a go at me for keeping it all a secret? Shit, I should tell her.

"Kenzie, I don't know what the fuck happened between you and Nolan but it's really hurting him. I- I mean I don't even know what to do. He just won't say anything to anyone. Not even Chase." A massive amount of guilt rushes through me, making me relive all the pain I've been trying so hard to get rid of. "Today, he said something so- it was my fault. I said something I shouldn't have and it set him off. Now he's gone off somewhere mad and I don't know what to do. He could be doing anything stupid right now as we speak."

Instantly, worry engulfs me, and I feel my heart growing heavier. Nolan doesn't think clearly when he's angry, so she's right. He might really be doing something reckless at this very moment as we speak.

"Do you have any idea where he might have gone?" I don't bother asking what the argument was even about or how it started. Right now, I want to have any clue of his whereabouts. Even though I'm the last person he'd like to see, I want to find him.

"No," she utters. "The argument is the first one we've ever had."

"Over what?"

"Kieran." Shit. Now is the best time to tell her. But I want to ask questions first.

"Why? Did he come to you guys?" Maybe he did after all go to them.

"No. He's gone. He was spotted getting on a flight to North Carolina and I think that it's because something must have happened between him and Kenny. We were all planning on what to do next since we still haven't done anything about all the shit that's happened to us. I suggested to find Kieran and get him on our side which really set Nolan off. And then one thing led to another. He said to me that he'd kill Kieran next time he lays his eyes on him so I told him 'fuck you' and I haven't heard from him since. None of us have," I take a second to take in all of the information. Wow so I've been missing out a lot.