55| truth hurts.

N O L A N

What was I actually expecting? Of course I was ought to bump into her. Shit man. That inevitable encounter caught me off guard. I shouldn't have gone; avoiding her for a week actually helped me keep her off my mind.

It's astounding, her nerve to even approach me after what happened that night. It took everything in me to restrain myself; all I wanted was to ask about how she's been. Judging by her eyes, it seems like she hasn't had a good week either.

"So? Are you going to tell me what made you come all the way to school?" Sam looks at me confused.

"One of Mario's close friends spotted Kieran at the airport. He said that Kieran had a suitcase with him, like he was leaving from here for good." I break the news to Sam, this is what's been keeping me busy. Finding out a way to get to Kenny or Kieran. Either of them because all they've done is make my life a living hell. I'm not letting them get away with that.

"Oh fuck. Does that not mean he's gone then?" Disappointment etches itself onto Sam's face.

"Yes it does but that doesn't mean he's gone for good. I can go myself or send someone down to North Carolina. That's where he's going to be staying. Apparently that was the flight he got on. Plus I can't do much damage to him, he's still Vanessa's brother and Mario's son." I have to respect their wishes even though all I want to fucking do is kill him. The loss of Kenzie has only made my hatred even worse for every single person that's done me wrong, including herself.

"Alright cool. That's good then. What about Kenny?" He questions and my blood curdles at the mention of his name.

"I've got someone from Lyon coming down. His name's Silas and if I can get him on our side, then I can do whatever I want. I can kill him without worrying about what's going to come back to me." The thought of killing my own biological dad brings me pure happiness. It's something I've yearn for. To see his dead body.

"Let me get the boys. We need to tell them about this. I'll meet you back at home." Sam replies. He knows that this is a big deal and whatever next is about to happen is going to be literal war. We've never done or planned something as big as this.

I watch him walk away back into the school from the car park, not thinking about a single thing that I just said but instead her.

Encountering her reignited everything, not just the good feelings, but also the unpleasant ones I had managed to push aside. Seeing her brought back a flood of emotions, both positive and negative, I had tucked away.

I never thought I'd be the one who would be doing everything I can to avoid a someone.

- - -

"If anyone does go to Kieran, it should be me." As we all stand in Uncle Mario's massive office, he commands attention from his seated position amidst an array of multiple computers crowding the space. Endless folders of papers clutter his desk, while built-in bookshelves adorn the walls, showcasing a vast collection.

"But Dad. Think about it. Somethings happened between him and Kenny. I mean why else would he have left?" Vanessa chimes in, letting us know her opinion on the situation.

"God knows. But that's what we're going to figure out before we do anything. Nolan, did you talk to Silas?" Uncle Mario diverts his attention from his daughter to now me.