43| the flight.

K E N Z I E

The car seems like it's stopped moving and I feel hot. It's like I can explode at any moment because of this heat I am feeling under my hoodie and sweatpants, I need to take it all off immediately but I'm too scared to open my eyes. I'm scared of how much it's going to hurt because I can already feel the sunlight right on them.

It's so quiet yet loud, all I can hear is people speaking to each other in an unrecognisable language. Wait what? We're already fucking here?

I open my eyes and the first thing I see is the sunlight blinding my sight. I blink many times to get my eye sight used to the light and once I'm fine, I see Nolan staring at me like he's never seen me before.

"Why are you looking at me like that? And we're already here?" I sit up properly and look out the window to see where we are and it is so beautiful. We're parked outside of a hotel with our car facing the beach where all I can see are people sunbathing with their friends and families, kids running around with other kids and jumping into the water that's a bright blue gorgeous colour.

"You slept the whole seven hours here." He opens the car door and walks out and I do the same except the fact as soon as I exited the car, I took my hoodie off leaving me in a sports bra and just sweatpants.

"What? Don't give me that look, I feel like I'm on fire." I throw my hoodie at him to catch which he does. "And how long have we been here?"

"About an hour. I didn't want to ruin your sleep so I let you be until you felt like waking up."

"Awh, my baby! Is that how much you care about me?" Trying to take the piss, he rolls his eyes and puts my hoodie over his shoulders while walking towards the hotel we were staying in. I don't take long to catch up right next to him.

"I expected you'd have your own house here because you have the type of money but I guess I was wrong." I tip toe and take the sun glasses he was wearing off his face and put it on mine instead.

"The hotel belongs to me." Oh? Wow, was definitely not expecting that.

"What about the car we came in? That was yours too wasn't it?"

"Do I look like someone who owes a crappy car like that one?" He scoffs and I am offended.

"Alright, humble yourself. Not everyone's rich like you, Mr. Imtoorichtodriveacarthatsnotasportscar."

"Kenzie, zip it and just walk with me like a normal human being."

"Oh my god? Is that Nolan?! You look so different and handsome!" Why is there a random girl standing so close next to Nolan who reminds me of Alyssa here?

"And you are?" Nolan takes a step back and looks at the girl trying to figure out who she is.

"You don't remember me? Do you really want me to remind you of how we met?" Disgusting. How is she biting her lip like that?

"Hey, nice to meet you." I chime in the conversation and smile politely at her.

"You are?" She asks with no smile on her face. Bitch.

"Nolan, why don't you tell her who I am, hm?" I budge him with my elbow, looking up at him.

"She's my girlfriend." He replies.