41| mom's birthday party!

K E N Z I E

Vanessa: Nolan just told me about your mom's birthday party tomorrow! Can't wait to meet her❤️❤️

Me: I was just about to let you know, glad he told you. I'll see you tomorrow babe. Goodnight.

Vanessa: Goodnight!!

Hopefully tomorrow is going to be more fun than today was. Not that I didn't enjoy my mom's company but she seemed not okay, as if she was sick and slept for hours straight still continuing right now. I want her birthday to be the best day this whole year, it needs to be special but what's stressing me out really badly is that I don't have anything ready to give her.

What kind of daughter doesn't get anything for their mom's birthday? It's too late though for me to get her anything at the moment, most stores are probably closed by now. Maybe if I just think, I'll be able to come up with a good idea for her present because no way in hell am I not giving her a thing.

The party won't start till later, I can totally go out before it and quickly buy something for her. But I have to be with her at all times because she will know that I'm going out to get her something and she doesn't want me to spend any money on her whatsoever. I don't know why not but maybe Nolan can help.

I should ask.

"Not tired?" He picks up the my phone call, answering right away.

"I need your help so I'd really appreciate it if you'd be smart for once and help me like any other boyfriend would help their girlfriend."

"What do you need help with, baby?" I know he's playing around, he's not actually calling me baby. But I kind of wish he wasn't playing around. Because the way my body reacted to him calling me that was not normal.

I take a deep breath, "I have no fucking clue what to get my mom for her birthday so I need you to tell me what you think I should do. And I'm only asking you because I'm pretty sure Vanessa is sleeping right now." Vanessa is most likely sleeping right now but even if she wasn't, I'd still call Nolan. Only to just hear his voice before I fall asleep.

"Go to sleep, Kenz. I'm sure we will be able to figure something out in the morning, I promise. Whatever your mom gets tomorrow as a present from you, it'll be the best thing she'd ever have received." There we go. I feel better instantly but if this was someone else but Nolan talking to me, I'd still continue sweating my non existent balls.

"Fine. Goodnight, I'll see you tomorrow." I sigh, ending the call. Wow, I really need some sleep even though today I barely did anything productive.

- - -

"Happy birthday mom!" I shout with so much excitement waking her up straight away.

"Kenzie, what are you doing? I'm tired, stop being so loud." She had slept the whole day yesterday and she's still tired? That's a bit unusual but it's her birthday today. She cannot be tired.

"It's your freaking birthday, no one has time to be tired today so wake up! Today is going to be a special day and you're going to make yourself enjoy it whether you like it not." I start shaking her body, as she yawns while rubbing her eyes.

"My god, you're crazy." She speaks in a tired voice, sitting up.

"It's 11am and the party is at 1 so get up and go get ready." I order her, I've already got her an outfit laid out.

But unfortunately I don't have any clothes here that I can wear which is why Vanessa is going to come here and drop them off for me.