57| weird.

N O L A N

Am I going to kill her? I could never even though the anger I'm feeling for her is one that I haven't felt in the longest time ever. The thoughts keep repeating and repeating... how did I let her fool me this badly? No girl has let my guard down the way she did. But fuck, she's good. Her acting made me believe every emotion was genuine, that what we shared was real.

I'm going to go to her house, and try my best to not lose my shit. If I can do with the man I just left, I can do it with her as well. The only thing I'm worried about is the effect I know she still has on me. Just seeing her might stir something, but it's alright because I'll focus on who she really is.

Nearly 15 minutes away from hers, my phone starts ringing through my car since the Bluetooth is connected.

'Silas.'

Oh fuck. I forgot about him, he's probably arrived here.

"Nolan?" His voice booms through the speakers of my car as soon as I pick up the phone call.

"Are you already here?" Right now, it isn't the best timing because I want to deal with this first.

"Yes. I've arrived to New York and I'm running on short time. You alright to discuss everything now?"

"Over the phone?" I ask, trying to get him to take the hint that I wouldn't mind.

"No. Of course not. I'm on my way already." For god sake. Let me get this over with then since I have no choice.

"Alright. I'll see you then." I disconnect myself from the call and sigh, reminding myself that this is more important. I shouldn't let disappointment in. Going to Kenzie seems pointless—I can't undo the damage she's caused. But I do want her to know that I'm fully aware of everything she's done.

- - -

Is it going to be awkward walking back into the house after my little meltdown? Nah, it's not their first time seeing something like that but I'm still angry. At everything and everyone.

Striding through the doors, I ignore everyone in the living room, not bothering to acknowledge or identify them. My focus is set on finding Uncle Mario to inform him about Silas's upcoming visit, so I head in that direction without pausing.

"Nolan! Can we talk?" Vanessa calls my name, halting my steps. Despite our recent heated argument, I refuse to let it ruin our bond. If I aim to better my life without feeling down or in a bad mood, I must start making better choices. In the situations I find myself in, Vanessa's support is crucial. She's always been there for me, offering the best advice. So, I'm open to communicating with her, but only if she wants to do the same.

I turn around to see her already standing behind me. It doesn't take me too long to realise something's been upsetting her and it's probably me. She seemed fine before our interaction and now.. after it, she doesn't look the same.

"Come, let's talk near the pool." She signals towards the sliding doors that leads you to the outdoor part of the house. I don't say anything but instead just follow her.

"Alright let me start off. I'm sorry," my face softens from her words, getting rid of the anger that was present before. "I wasn't thinking.. I shouldn't have said what I did. If you really aren't in on the plan then we won't do it. Because you know we need you, Nolan." Her facial expressions reveal an unfamiliarity with this topic when discussing it with me. We've never had conversations like this before because we usually see eye to eye on everything.

"Look. It's fine. It was dumb, whatever. Now we have other things to work on. I'm coming from Kenny's and he revealed some information to me." My response is harsh, I know but even though everything in me is telling me to apologise back and talk it out, nothing related to it is leaving my mouth.