34| foolish

K E N Z I E

The beach house is already a lively atmosphere, filled with a crowd of people indulging in drinks and swaying to the music booming from the speakers. However, this is just a part of the scene. Nolan leads me outside to the beach and a sizable swimming pool. A separate group are joyfully taking plunges into the water, causing ripples and splashes that reach those nearby. Some others are chilling out, vibing to the music while seated around, creating a diverse yet vibrant environment.

I glance over to find Nolan glaring at someone, his jaw clenched, and he's holding my hand with a noticeably tighter grip. Curious, I follow his gaze and suddenly feel a surge of anger. Alyssa. I thought I'd gotten rid of her ages ago, but here she is, eyeing my boyfriend right in front of me, arching her back in a bikini. I can't help but wonder who invited her.

"What is she doing here?" I speak in a low voice but loud enough for Nolan to hear me.

"I don't know, but I'll handle her." I despise the term 'jealous.' It doesn't sit well with me, and I dislike the emotions it stirs. It makes me feel selfish and unpleasantly possessive, particularly when it comes to Nolan. The intensity of my reaction to other girls looking at him makes me want to react in ways I know are irrational. I wrestle with this feeling, as it turns me into someone I don't recognize—I'd go to great lengths to make it clear to everyone that Nolan is mine.

"Jealous huh?" I don't realise this whole time I've been doing the same thing as him, glaring at Alyssa and giving her a dirty look.

"Jealous me? I don't need to be jealous, I know you're not going anywhere. You're mine and I'm yours." Half of that was a lie. A big massive lie. I am indeed jealous, I am currently trying to control myself from drowning Alyssa in the pool for even glancing at Nolan but I know that he's mine, he always will be.

"That turned me on, stop making shit so hard for me." He whispers in my ear as I eye down Alyssa. She's looking at me with a disgusted look while I do the same but I can't help and control myself smiling at Nolan's comment.

"I don't like her one bit either, you're not alone." I hear Vanessa's voice coming from next to me.

"You don't? Why's that?" I ask, I mean I am not surprised that she's not liked by Vanessa but I'm intrigued to know the reason why.

"Go away, go to Chase. Let us girls have our moment alone." Vanessa shoos Nolan away while I give him a look saying 'I'll see you in a bit.'

"Anyway back to our conversation, I don't like her because last time I came here, she seemed like a bitch when I first met her and I was right. She was jealous because of how close me and Nolan were knowing that we're only cousins." I scoff, not being surprised again. "That pissed me off so I started giving her hints that I don't like her and she took them, I was glad she did."

"Did she not say anything to you?" I question as I continue to eye down Alyssa, letting her know we're talking shit about her.

"Nope. She's scared of me but I was waiting for her to talk shit to me so I could smack her across the face but she didn't say anything and I didn't want to hurt her without a reason." Glad, I got the opportunity to lay my hands on her and I would so do it again. "Now tell me, why do you hate her? I mean I know it's because her and Nolan had a thing but it doesn't seem like that's the only reason you don't like her. The way you look at her shows me how all you want to do is hurt her." Is it that obvious?