44| one day.

K E N Z I E

Before we left the place, Nolan talked to a few more people and was told more information about the match that's going to take place tomorrow. To be honest, I doubt I'll go at all because looking at people hurting each other in the most brutal way possible makes my insides cringe.

The tension is eating me alive right now. Nolan's knuckles have whitened because of how hard he's holding onto the steering wheel. For what reason? I wish I could listen to his thoughts, he hasn't talked to me since he said thanks. I think me telling him that I'm proud affected him in a way it shouldn't have and I feel bad.

I'm not blaming myself, I didn't do anything wrong. I told him I was proud of him and I'm guessing that's the reason why he's acting so different and distant, we can talk it out but if he doesn't want to talk first then I won't. I'm going to give him his time to speak about what's bothering him when he wants to.

As soon as he parks his car in the parking lot at the hotel, I get out and walk to our room. When I reach up, I look out the window to see what's taking him long coming out and my question are answered as he drives off.. to where though?

This was suppose to a fun break for us. I wanted this to be something neither of us would forget but now I'm re-considering my choice of being here. If he's going to act like that without even trying to communicate with me then I don't want to be here.

That's not how relationships work and I know this is all new to him but it's new to me as well. I have never been in one either. And I'm also hesitant to be in them just like he is.

Whatever man. I'm not going to sulk over him. If he doesn't want to have a good time here with me then I'll just have a good time by myself.

- - -

I know I said I'd have a good time here alone but I didn't realise I had dozed off to sleep until I woke up to Nolan staring at me while sitting on the edge of the bed, next to me.

Wow. Did I really just fall asleep? Flip sake, I wanted to go to the beach.

"What's the time?" I squint my eyes, stretching my body.

"9'o clock. Pm."

I look out the balcony window and it is getting dark. The sun has already set and the sky is a pretty navy blue colour.

I've always hated getting up from a nap. This one was a beautiful one, since I can already feel those marks all over my arms and my body is extremely warm.

I get up and feel a slight buzz in my head, Nolan grabs my wrist as I place my hand over my temple.

"Have you eaten?" He asks and I nod 'no.' I would have if I didn't fall asleep which I don't even remember doing but somehow ended up knocked out on the bed.

"Room service is on its way." He lets me know and I forcefully snatch my wrist out of his grasp. I could feel his eyes staring into my back as I walk to the toilet.

"What was that for?" He shouts from outside of the toilet and all I can do is just stare at my face that's in an absolute state.

My eyes look like I'm on drugs, my hair is all over the place and all I'm wearing is a sports bra and my Calvin Klein boxers.

"So you're just going to ignore me?" Oh my god, why is he still talking? If we get into an argument it's going to be his fault because we could be fucking right now if it wasn't for his change in mood earlier.